Sponsored by:

Help to diagnose engine misfire codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 06:23 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesus Aguirre
2011 cayenne engine codes po300 po305 note five plugs were black except for one one injector tip had oil.
Jesus,

We were discussing the engine misfire codes that relate to the 911 993 version and its particular problems with this model - such as those related to the DMF which can "fool" the car with erroneous codes. You are asking about a Cayenne, which is a totally different beast. You should really post your question as a new thread under Cayenne as this topic is not related.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:02 AM
george996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mgianzero
Jesus,

We were discussing the engine misfire codes that relate to the 911 993 version and its particular problems with this model - such as those related to the DMF which can "fool" the car with erroneous codes. You are asking about a Cayenne, which is a totally different beast. You should really post your question as a new thread under Cayenne as this topic is not related.
Marc

did you ever solve misfires and rough idle?
Old 06-19-2016, 11:23 AM
sacman
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

I'm having the same issue with my car. Marc, did you ever solve the problem?

QN
Old 06-19-2016, 12:04 PM
george996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sacman
I'm having the same issue with my car. Marc, did you ever solve the problem?

QN
do you have freeze frame data?
Old 06-19-2016, 02:28 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys,

To be honest, I have not really determined for sure if my suspicion was that the flywheel was the issue. I spoke to Steve Weiner about it when this issue arose and his suspicion is the flywheel. My mechanic friend is not so convinced. But the car has been in the body shop this past couple of months for an unrelated event.

Soon, it will be done and then, hopefully, I can get it to pass smog. Then I plan on changing the flywheel soon. I will keep you all updated as soon as I know.

Since I own my own PIWIS, I can share with you my latest codes to show what the car was doing prior to flywheel replacement.

Marc
Old 11-01-2019, 08:33 AM
mill620
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mgianzero
Guys,

To be honest, I have not really determined for sure if my suspicion was that the flywheel was the issue. I spoke to Steve Weiner about it when this issue arose and his suspicion is the flywheel. My mechanic friend is not so convinced. But the car has been in the body shop this past couple of months for an unrelated event.

Soon, it will be done and then, hopefully, I can get it to pass smog. Then I plan on changing the flywheel soon. I will keep you all updated as soon as I know.

Since I own my own PIWIS, I can share with you my latest codes to show what the car was doing prior to flywheel replacement.

Marc
Marc,

Did you ever find out what was the fix? I have the same symptoms. It's random misfire, little rough on idle, car drives fine with no power loss. The random CEL usually comes on at startup of the car, after clearing it no CEL while driving. Tested both ignition coil by unplugging one at a time on startup and the car started fine.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:59 AM
sacman
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

I went through a lot of trials and errors to fix my random misfire across random cylinders. If your flywheel is original (as mine was at 100Kmiles), replace it. It fixed my misfires for good.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Mr.Woolery
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 74 Posts

Another way to test the DMF would be to turn on your AC. If the idle smooths out when AC on, or it helps to clear CEL's, it's another indicator of a DMF going out.
I bought my 993 with a failing DMF, and running the AC helped to reduce the negative effects on ignition timing until I could arrange to replace the flywheel.

Quick Reply: Help to diagnose engine misfire codes