993 Forum 1995-1998

MOVED OFF RENNLIST

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 02:24 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Pot. Cattle. Give me a break. This is Nick we are talking about, who bought and sold hundreds of things here without any mention of any problem before.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:25 AM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have delt with Nick and he was a good guy. There are always two sides to a story.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:15 AM
Blue TTop
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
For those of you who are new or who have short term memory issues, please read this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ort-seats.html

Not sure what the whole story is here, but Porsche Fan has had a long history of transaction issues. YPMV (your perception may vary). Love to hear from Nick.
Wow! That puts things into perspective. Thanks for posting.

+1 for Karma!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 AM
MartinC2S
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

While I may be quite new here I did speak with Nick regarding the silver on blue S he had for sale last year. I was so impressed and comfortable with his frankness and honesty that I basically offered to buy the car sight unseen for his asking price. He agreed and I was to book my tickets to fly down and pick the car up. He called me back shortly later and said that he had committed to showing the car to someone else about 30 minutes before our conversation and could not in GOOD CONSCIENCE sell the car to me. He apologized, even though it was unnecessary, and said that if the first buyer backed out I had the first right of refusal. I licked my wounds and prayed, in vain, to the Porsche gods.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Nick had the chance to pull a douchebag move like PF has in the past (see the seats thread) but didn't. That speaks volumes for a person's character, especially in this day and age of digital anonymity. Even without the other side of the story I'm gonna side with Nick on this one.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:50 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
For those of you who are new or who have short term memory issues, please read this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ort-seats.html

Not sure what the whole story is here, but Porsche Fan has had a long history of transaction issues. YPMV (your perception may vary). Love to hear from Nick.
I gotta say I agree with Mark.

Nick has always been pretty straight up. Porsche Fan, not so much. He has a reputation as a shady douchebag on this forum, and that reputation was well earned. He has stabbed at least one RLer in the back with unethical business practices, and nearly got banned for his lack of morality to fellow members. If Nick did put the kibosh on him, it's just some well-deserved payback, as far as I'm concerned. What goes around, comes around, Porsche Fan.

I'd wait until Nick steps in before we rush to judgement. If the past is any indication, my money would be on Nick until more info is gleaned.

Last edited by goofballdeluxe; 01-20-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:01 AM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Opps ... yup short memory thanks for the refresher Mark . I will wait and hear the other side of the story and see how it unfolds .
Old 01-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by briefescape
Opps ... yup short memory thanks for the refresher Mark . I will wait and hear the other side of the story and see how it unfolds .
Actually, Guy, long term memory would have been more accurate. Posted just before I went to bed. I can't tell you the number of stuff that I've read here that I've forgotten about because, well, I've forgotten.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:06 AM
KMASS993
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I almost felt bad about this situation until I remembered this a**hole Porsche Fan screwed me on an eBay transaction. Won fair and square and then refused to sell me the item. He stated that I didn't pay immediately after the auction was completed (which is completely against eBay policy). As said above karmas a b*tch. I'll pay Nick for the cover to just throw it away for fun.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:08 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Scumbag
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 269 Posts

Guys,

Let me start by stating that in no way did I 'impersonate' Rader.... I simply emailed Max to say that I was interested in the deck lid and would like to see some pictures. Not once in the pursuant correspondence did I state or imply that I was the owner of his former C2S. I would be happy to send the email chain to a regular poster on this forum to verify this.

I also did not 'negotiate' - I made one offer that was accepted by Max (evidenced in the email chain).

My reason for purchasing the lid is because I plan to own another n/a 993 in the future & these don't come up for sale very often.

Regarding the moral issue here, I feel that Rader lost any camaraderie rights on this forum long ago due to his actions against other Rennlisters, so I had little issue with contacting Max about the lid once I saw the post. Ordinarily I would never try to purchase anything from under another Rennlister, but as stated in the posts above, this guy has proven himself to be less than savory.

BTW - I have not worked for the company mentioned above for over 2.5 years, though I remain good friends with everyone there & will sometimes have larger items shipped there because I travel so much.

Lastly, Rader sent me another email yesterday claiming that he would 'see me real soon' in kind of a threatening way. I'll happily pick you up from the airport Rader.....
Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Thought this was going to be about someone to see while in Vegas!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzilla
All this over one of these?

Old 01-20-2013, 10:37 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nick has done nothing but right by everyone and anyone that he has dealt with here...including me as I have bought large items from him and consulted with him on several issues. He has shown nothing but integrity with me...and I assume others. Not taking sides but so many that have had a good experience with him says a lot.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche Fan
[SIZE="4"][B]Posted on this board to find the original engine cover to my C2S.

Max, the original owner still had it and was kind enough to post here on Rennlist that he wanted me to have it

Unfortunately, Nick Priest, saw Max's reply post with the VIN and direct email.

Great chap that Nick Priest is, he contacted Max, impersonated me, negotiated a ridiculously low buy price and rushed the shipment of my original engine cover to him (NICK *), in MI.

I'm going to give our friend NICKan opportunity to do the right thing and repack MY engine cover; and immediately send it to its rightful home in La Jolla, CA 92037.

You, NICK , intentional deceived Max into sending you MY engine cover.

NICK the Rennlist community is watching....... do the right thing.

BTW RENNLISTERS IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT NICK PRIEST'S DIRECTLY, HIS EMAIL IS:

Originally Posted by Nurburger
Guys,

Let me start by stating that in no way did I 'impersonate' Rader.... I simply emailed Max to say that I was interested in the deck lid and would like to see some pictures. Not once in the pursuant correspondence did I state or imply that I was the owner of his former C2S. I would be happy to send the email chain to a regular poster on this forum to verify this.

I also did not 'negotiate' - I made one offer that was accepted by Max (evidenced in the email chain).

My reason for purchasing the lid is because I plan to own another n/a 993 in the future & these don't come up for sale very often.

Regarding the moral issue here, I feel that Rader lost any camaraderie rights on this forum long ago due to his actions against other Rennlisters, so I had little issue with contacting Max about the lid once I saw the post. Ordinarily I would never try to purchase anything from under another Rennlister, but as stated in the posts above, this guy has proven himself to be less than savory.

BTW - I have not worked for the company mentioned above for over 2.5 years, though I remain good friends with everyone there & will sometimes have larger items shipped there because I travel so much.

Lastly, Rader sent me another email yesterday claiming that he would 'see me real soon' in kind of a threatening way. I'll happily pick you up from the airport Rader.....

Porsche Fan and Nurburger, please check your PMs.

In the meantime, I have removed personal information from the first posts.

Best,
Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Porsche Fan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default moving off of Rennlist

Moved off Rennlist

Last edited by Porsche Fan; 01-20-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Quick Reply: MOVED OFF RENNLIST