Red calipar touch-up paint colour match

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 01:05 PM
LITTLE TANKER
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red calipar touch-up paint colour match

Hey boys!
Hope all is well! The calipars on my TT have very small chips on the red surface, which im assuming was from the previous owner changing his pads and needed to depress the (4) brake cylinders to fit in new pads in. ovbiously, he or his wrench didnt use a soft protectant material of some sort to place in between his "C" clamp or what ever he used to depress the cylinders. Anyways, I dont want to refinish the whole calipar........just simply touch up. Ive used the search tool with no luck. Does anyone know where i can get a colour match paint that can withstand the heat as well? It doesnt have to be an exact match, just close enough that your eyes dont pick it out like a sore thumb, cause currently thats what it does, and its driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance!

Vince
Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 PM
600RR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used Guards Red touch-up paint. SInce it's a touch-up, I didn't worry about the usual caliper paint concerns of heat, etc.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:49 PM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

You may laugh, but I'd use this.
Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
LITTLE TANKER
Advanced

Thx boys!

600RR! Never thought of that! And now that you mentioned it, the guards red is a pretty close match......

As for you SWMIC! WTH is that!? LOL!!!!!! And how did it turn out and where can I get it if I were to try it?

Vince
Old 01-12-2013, 07:13 PM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I guess you never built models in your youth. It's Testors model paint. I learned about using it several years ago on a RX7 board. I've used it a few times and it works well. It's nice and thick which should fill the chips. It should also match your red calipers. You can purchase it at any hobby store or, of course, Amazon for a buck.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:24 PM
LITTLE TANKER
Advanced

Ahhhhhhhhhh............... Good idea..........I just thought of an idea! Nail polish! LOL! Only problem with that is I would need a piece/sample of the caliper to bring with me to The Bay cosmetic dept. They would def have a slu of colours to choose from. That would be funny if I brought one of my calipers with me to have some lady help me make a match! LOL!!!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 01:43 AM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

+ 1 Porsche Guards Red touch-up paint....

Quick Reply: Red calipar touch-up paint colour match