Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted: Old Headlight(s) and Tail Light(s)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 02:22 AM
TravisB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted: Old Headlight(s) and Tail Light(s)

I've got an interesting-to-some project I've been working on before I had to sell the car, and being stubborn and not wanting to give up I'm finally ready to start transitioning from the "conceptual stage" and start prototyping. Does anyone happen to have grungy old headlights and/or tail lights they don't need? I don't care about lenses, I just need housings/reflectors in OK shape (cracks, broken tabs, etc etc are perfectly fine).

Thank you, gentlemen..
Old 01-10-2013, 04:28 AM
EckFe1
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Hello Travis,
I can't help you with old headlights but if you're planning to install and fab some bi xenon lenses, I'm right with you.
I've been outbid a few times now on headlight housings but someday I'll get a pair. My plan is to install dual bi xenon projectors in each housing with 55 w burners in the upper and 75 w burners in the lower part (high beam) of the housing, incl. PC cooling fans and filters. Planning on using Mini Morimotos. I want to use a toggle switch for either switching both low and high or just one high beam. We'll see.
The light output should be beyond anything out there on the streets.
Good luck with your project, keep us posted.
Ed
Old 01-10-2013, 04:39 AM
TravisB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I don't have a 993 to use anything on but I am wanting to develop something that's priced somewhere between the $70 HID kits and the $$$ factory Litronics; and will outperform either. It makes no logical sense, I just like these cars enough that they're application I want to start with! I've got ideas beyond simple retrofits, but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet. LED tails are what I had in mind for the other end of the car. But, I need stuff to dissect and get modeled first!

Quick Reply: Wanted: Old Headlight(s) and Tail Light(s)