Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I get to my fog/running lights to change a bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 06:39 PM
stickypatch
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get to my fog/running lights to change a bulb?

I'm wanting to change out the bulbs on my running lights with the LED bulbs to match the white colour of the HID kit I've installed in the main headlights.

So, I've looked in my manual and online, and it would seem that I just need to undo the screw at the end of the amber indicator unit, pop the unit forward and out, and then I will have access to the mounting screw of the fog/running light unit.

Well, I've tried this and the indicator unit ain't coming out. Surely I don't need to remove the entire bumper assembly to get access to this?

Here's a pic of my lights:

Name:  SEq5m.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  72.5 KB
Old 01-04-2013, 06:57 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Yep, unscrew the black screw then pull the orange unit straight forward. It won't slide out easily. You will need to apply a little pressure from the back end near the screw-end, and pull forward.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:15 PM
stickypatch
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by P-daddy
Yep, unscrew the black screw then pull the orange unit straight forward. It won't slide out easily. You will need to apply a little pressure from the back end near the screw-end, and pull forward.
So, forward in this case is toward the front of the car? And then it'll pop out sideways with the electrical lead attached?

I did try to give it a wiggle with a flat blade screwdriver between the rear of the indicator unit near the screw, but I didn't want to do too much of that due to the paintwork - but it still didn't budge.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:18 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Yes forward is toward the front of the car. It will come out as a whole unit towards the front, does not pop out sideways. Twist bulb connector to separate it from the housing. I would use something a little wider than a screwdriver blade and pad it with some cloth.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:21 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Pull it from the rear near the screw hole, not the orange area near your fog/running light- it will break.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 PM
stickypatch
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by P-daddy
Yes forward is toward the front of the car. It will come out as a whole unit towards the front, does not pop out sideways. Twist bulb connector to separate it from the housing. I would use something a little wider than a screwdriver blade and pad it with some cloth.
Thank you! That worked a treat!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:37 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Glad I was able to help brotha

Quick Reply: How do I get to my fog/running lights to change a bulb?