993 Forum 1995-1998

Shipping Experience with Plycar

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 11:24 AM
mts
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Shipping Experience with Plycar

I know the question comes up from time to time so I wanted to share an initial expereince with Plycar http://www.plycargroup.com/.

I sold my Targa and the buyer (Brian) chose Plycar. The car was just picked up this morning to start it's very long journey across the country. Plycar called me over the weekend to confirm the pick up would be late this week. They called again Tuesday to confirm a pick-up time of between 8 and 9 am this morning. I requested as close to 8am as possible due to a meeting I had at 9am.

The driver actually showed up at my house a little early around 7:45am which was great. He was polite and asked the appropriate questions about the car and took great care inspecting it. The rig was a top notch enclosed set-up. Unfortunately it was raining HARD at pick-up but the driver handled everything to ensure I didn't have to get out in the rain and ensure the car didn't have to get wet more than necessary.

Supposedly there is an ipad app to let Brian track the cars progress across country. Hopefully Brian will post about how well the app works and whether the delivery process works as well as the pick-up did.

Mike
Old 12-20-2012, 02:15 PM
SSTAR
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here here. I've shipped 4 cars cross country and also had Plycar handle the delivery of my latest turbo from St. Louis. They've been good to deal with and run a regular cross-country schedule.

One story. They curbed a wheel on a new MB with delivery miles. The accepted responsibility, no questions asked (the car had 11mi when dropped off) and after some back and forth re: an adequate repair, they chose to replace the wheel outright. By far easier to deal with than some other shippers I've had to make claims with.

Quick Reply: Shipping Experience with Plycar