Sponsored by:

Looking for MOMO offset Hub

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:05 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking for MOMO offset Hub

Looking for a MOMO hub with offset (to raise wheel offcenter) for a 993.
It is a standard 7004 fitment although I don't know if the MOMO # is different for the offset hub.

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:49 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Andy, it's not an offset hub that you need. It's an offset ring. It bolts on between the hub and the wheel.

Here you go: http://www.rennbay.com/momo-steering...ate-p-174.html

I might also have one available eventually once I'm done futzing with Momo wheel on my appliance.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:12 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Yep, Thanks Mike. I got a PM from another RL'r today and he gave me the same link. It is bought and enroute already. Thanks, again!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just an FYI, after the on Andy purchased today we only have one more of these left and we will not be able to get any more. In case anyone was interested, just a heads up.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Andy, when you put it in, could you send some feedback regarding the top of the gauges obstruction? I'm curious how much it would help.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:25 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Yes, I will post pictures too.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:54 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nile13
Andy, when you put it in, could you send some feedback regarding the top of the gauges obstruction? I'm curious how much it would help.
Mike,
I finally got around to upacking the offset hub and went out into the cold to instal...
The good news is that it is a quality item that is stout and came with all six hex flat top screws and a spare allen wrench.

The bad news is the centering ring is meant for an RS wheel which has a larger diameter than the MOMOs. Therefore, no fit!

I am going to send it back but if someone wishes to own it here I will sell it for what I paid (25+)

Thats the news, if you want picts let me know.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:36 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ouch, sorry to hear that, Andy.

However, just to understand, which centering ring are you referring to? The piece that holds the horn? If so, there are adapter plates that are commonly used for that. I might even have one around somewhere.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:57 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

actually, it is part of the hub adaptor...like a ring-flange that fits inside the center hole of the wheel. I will post pictures later today, thanks
Old 12-23-2012, 05:25 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Here is a pict
See the ring flange on top? It does not fit into the momo wheel...and it has to work.
Attached Images  
Old 12-23-2012, 05:49 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I believe that the off-center rings are usually flat on both sides. They are held to the hub by a separate set of screws so the flange is not really needed. In other words you can machine it off the face of the ring and be all set, I think?
Old 12-23-2012, 06:45 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Good point... As you can see the flange is not flush but I guess there is no reason not to machine it off and try it. I was thinking it was there to protect the wheel from sheering off but now that I look I see that the original MOMO hub is flangeless too so...it's off to the shop.

Updates to come. Thanks also for knocking that rock in my head loose again...it's been stuck for weeks!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:10 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh, hey, that's what we are here for

I've actually played with a number of different Momo hubs and wheels in at least half a dozen cars over the last 10 years. it can be maddening. Which, I guess, is the whole point of Italian "engineering". As an example they make a hub specifically for a Miata that doesn't fit a single Miata in US. Little things like that. Oh, and I still have some rare hubs sitting here, including ones for a 924, Audi 80/90 and mid-80s Opel. Why? I dunno.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys, just saw this. You are looking at it backwards. The side you have facing up goes against the HUB not the WHEEL. That ring helps center it in the HUB. Wheel is attached to the other side.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nile13
Oh, hey, that's what we are here for

I've actually played with a number of different Momo hubs and wheels in at least half a dozen cars over the last 10 years. it can be maddening. Which, I guess, is the whole point of Italian "engineering". As an example they make a hub specifically for a Miata that doesn't fit a single Miata in US. Little things like that. Oh, and I still have some rare hubs sitting here, including ones for a 924, Audi 80/90 and mid-80s Opel. Why? I dunno.
Yes, but this one fits...I just didnt like the offset after all. Mods, esp Italian ones can be maddening...agreed!

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
Hey guys, just saw this. You are looking at it backwards. The side you have facing up goes against the HUB not the WHEEL. That ring helps center it in the HUB. Wheel is attached to the other side.
Travis, yes realized that after the fact. When I installed it I also made the same initial error but eventually figured it out and forgot again!
Anyways, nice part and it is in the hands of the next owner.
Thankss

Quick Reply: Looking for MOMO offset Hub