Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Merry Xmas for someone!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 PM
cmd4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Popped up on my radar to yesterday on ebay and AT.I immediately called the number listed and it was a weird automated system....said it was contacting the owner and they'd be back in touch.Seem kinda fishy,but the add looked and sounded legit.Oh well yellow may have been a bit flashy for me anyway
Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 AM
uicnick
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reminds me of when I was shopping around 2 years ago. I looked at an Arena Red C4S with similar mileage, 85,000 offered at 26,500. Original paint and maintenance records indicated shocks and cylinder head work for CEL light. I talked to the seller, which was a dealer and the next day after getting the records I called to purchase but it was sold. I again saw a low mileage 27,000 mile blue Carrera sell for 28,000 and sold around the same time. I ended up seeing that same car sell on the classifieds here flipped for 32,000, I won't mention any names!

My experience is that if you price the car to sell, it will sell quickly and some people like to price their cars to sit around. People who price their cars to sell value their time more than people who price their cars to sit. I mean dealing with emails, interested buyers and frustration over an extended time is not my cup of tea. Pricing to sell quickly will still save you money than dumping it at a dealer or consignment I would think.

this looked like a good buy as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...#ht_500wt_1182

Quick Reply: Merry Xmas for someone!!