Sponsored by:

Recaro racing seats.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 03:49 PM
jo-hans
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Recaro racing seats.

Looking for some feedback on these seats.

What is adjustability like? Comfort? I am 6'2"

cheers
Old 11-26-2012, 03:52 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 408 Likes on 123 Posts

Hans-

Cant say I have ever seen those, VERY cool! I have the RECARO Sport Toplines in my 993, a great daily driver comfortable seat. Not as much lateral support as I would like, similar in this regard to factory HB Sport seats, but easy to get in and out of .

Still shopping for a new 993??
Old 11-26-2012, 04:04 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by nathan1
Hans-

Cant say I have ever seen those, VERY cool! I have the RECARO Sport Toplines in my 993, a great daily driver comfortable seat. Not as much lateral support as I would like, similar in this regard to factory HB Sport seats, but easy to get in and out of .

Still shopping for a new 993??
Have you ever sat in pole positions? If so, how do they compare to your Toplines?
Old 11-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 686 Likes on 288 Posts

Those are first generation Recaro A8's; great seats, though the Gen 1's have a common issue with the thigh bolster support breaking (non-repairable). I have a set of Gen 2 A8's & they are extremely comfortable (I'm taller than you).

Note the difference in the thigh bolsters:

For them to fit in a 993, the inner backrest adjuster **** will need to be shaved to allow clearance against the transmission tunnel. The picture above shows the plastic clip-on trim removed - note where the metal post that held the **** was shaved.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:46 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 408 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by asofine
Have you ever sat in pole positions? If so, how do they compare to your Toplines?
I have a set of the OEM 1994 964 Speedster seats (OEM Pole Positions) and there is no comparison. The Pole Position is a only acceptable to a hard core nut (like most of us on RL...) as ingress/egress is a pain. They are quite comfortable to ride in once your settled. They are also quite narrow, I am 6' 1" and ~175lbs and fit snugly. I don't know how much bigger you would want to be in a PP. I dont run them in the car most of the time because my wife literally drops the F-bomb if I ask her to ride in the car with the PP's. She hates the car anyway... Combination of Fabspeed supercups and RS ride height = not love affair for non car enthusiast spouse...

The Toplines are very comfy, have heating and cooling and are easy to live with on a daily basis. The do accept harnesses so they are a great compromise. For me they dont provide the lateral support, I think they would be better for slightly larger people. Heavy though, so if you are looking for weight reduction, not a good choice. Hope that helps.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:07 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by nathan1
I have a set of the OEM 1994 964 Speedster seats (OEM Pole Positions) and there is no comparison. The Pole Position is a only acceptable to a hard core nut (like most of us on RL...) as ingress/egress is a pain. They are quite comfortable to ride in once your settled. They are also quite narrow, I am 6' 1" and ~175lbs and fit snugly. I don't know how much bigger you would want to be in a PP. I dont run them in the car most of the time because my wife literally drops the F-bomb if I ask her to ride in the car with the PP's. She hates the car anyway... Combination of Fabspeed supercups and RS ride height = not love affair for non car enthusiast spouse...

The Toplines are very comfy, have heating and cooling and are easy to live with on a daily basis. The do accept harnesses so they are a great compromise. For me they dont provide the lateral support, I think they would be better for slightly larger people. Heavy though, so if you are looking for weight reduction, not a good choice. Hope that helps.
Thanks

Lateral support is what I'm missing in my factory hardbacks. I'm also a very awkward short/stocky build: 5'7" ~160lb. Wonder how I'd like PPs...
Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 AM
jetjox
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are Recaro A8's worth in good shape? I have a pair I'd like to sell.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:09 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 81 Posts

PM sent!

Quick Reply: Recaro racing seats.