yet another tyre test

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:19 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by f8vr993
Here we go again with another tire test... Yes, read that article form EVO on news stand.
IMO- Pirelli will stick better but their problem is wear issue. I had previously used P zero and P7000 but they just don't last as much as for example, Michelins. ($$$$)
It's basically what are you willing to pay for performance over milage.
Ummm... if that was the case, where are all the winning ST and RT cars on Pirellis (or any cars on Pirellis for that matter, competitive or not)?

Just before you say anything about tire wears, it's common to buy a new R1R tire for ST competitors and shave it immediately to 2/32". Money is no object, neither is wear. Stick. Only stick. Which Pirellis just don't offer.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:09 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,573 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Having purchased many tires for my Porsches over the years I have found tires with a higher UTQG number are most satisfying to my wallet. Tires with lower numbers run quietly longer into their life and give better road feel. Tires with very low numbers seem to give an additional margin of grip but tend to not last very long. As I get older higher UTQG numbers rule and a set of tires lasts three or more years.

Quick Reply: yet another tyre test