993 Forum 1995-1998

Re gearing

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 07:44 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
When I post i try to use a standardized setup, 285/30 will be a very small amount shorter, how much depends on the specific tire, so the net gearing will be a small amount shorter.

The big difference between /21 and /31 is in 1 & 2, the /31 is more of a track oriented setup, but I like it for street use too. The taller 1 & 2 gives you shorter drops for 1 - 3
Thanks very much Bill. I am leaning towards /31. Mr. Copans who is going to do the build will give me his perspective...I am leaning towards PMS gears so part of this may be determined by what gearing is available.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 508 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by il pirata
Thanks very much Bill. I am leaning towards /31. Mr. Copans who is going to do the build will give me his perspective...I am leaning towards PMS gears so part of this may be determined by what gearing is available.
You are in great hands!

You don't need them for street use but steel syncros, motorsports bearings and shift forks make for a nice transmission, while in there think about the lsd, a GT 40/60 would be a perfect addition for an open diff, or just update the plate stack w/ GT components if it's already got an lsd
Old 02-14-2013, 08:42 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
You are in great hands!

You don't need them for street use but steel syncros, motorsports bearings and shift forks make for a nice transmission, while in there think about the lsd, a GT 40/60 would be a perfect addition for an open diff, or just update the plate stack w/ GT components if it's already got an lsd

Agree about Copans! Planning on syncros, etc for the transmission. I think we are leaning towards PMS parts for the existing LSD and my intended use but we will see.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 508 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by il pirata
Agree about Copans! Planning on syncros, etc for the transmission. I think we are leaning towards PMS parts for the existing LSD and my intended use but we will see.
the PMS lsd is fine, that's what I have in my car. I'd place it right between a normal street and a GT

Quick Reply: Re gearing