Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP with gas pedal fitment!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 01:34 AM
eddie_993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP with gas pedal fitment!

Long story short, I took out the pedal assembly a few weeks ago to change the clutch master cylinder and kinematic lever. Put that back in the car last week and bled the clutch slave cylinder.

Tonight I had free time so decided to change the clutch slave cylinder. I have a friend w/ a set of rhino ramps so decided that would be better to use. When trying to reverse the car, I noticed I can't rev it enough to get up on them. Basically the car would rev up to 1500 and then stop. Looked at the pedal assembly and noticed that the way I hooked up the light colored bracket, which hinges on the black main pedal assembly and connects the throttle pedal to the cable, sits above that little black piece (rest/stop whatever it is) which sticks out from the main pedal assembly.

Thought wow stupid of me, so I took it out and changed it so the hinged part of the light colored bracket sits below that black rest/stop. When I started it the car revved to 4-5k rpm right away so that's no bueno, either.

I can attach pics if any of you need to see them. I had the assembly out of the car for about 5 weeks before putting it all back in. I'm not sure if that has caused the cable to tighten up but I kind of doubt that.

Anyone come across this issue before? Lost about 2 hours messing with it and google-ing to see pics but that didn't help since some were below the stop/rest and some were above...
Old 09-02-2012, 12:24 PM
eddie_993
Rennlist Member

OK just in case some people are confused, here is a picture (courtesy of Alex-IXLR8). I drew an arrow to what I am talking about.

I also remembered that I took pics of this with my iPad before removing it and it was exactly like the one pictured here. When I attach it now like this the engine automatically revs too high and I can see the linkage in the throttle body is open too much.

Obviously the cable is too tight so should I loosen it from underneath the car or from the throttle body area (where the cable connects to that metal flap)?

Would like someone's advice since it's fairly important that the gas pedal works properly and instead of trying myself, I'd rather be told a sure method.

Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2012, 04:53 AM
eddie_993
Rennlist Member

nvm, figured it out.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP with gas pedal fitment!