Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Porsche museum experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 10:54 PM
bcameron59
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Was just there in March for the 911 special exhibit. I'd give it at least 2 hrs, maybe 3 including time in gift shop. Think we were there for at least three hrs, wife is a patient woman.

For a preview you can view my pics posted at:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=e22b2...1EB5061%213036

Scoop some freebie posters under the escalator and buy a poster in gift shop to get the poster tube for shipping.

You can get self guided audio tour devices at admission desk, suggest you bring own earphones for better audio.

Not sure if they let visitors in the restoration workshop or just have to drool through the windows by the cafe, no one was working the day we were there but would be cool to see resto's in action.

+1 on factory tour, be sure to book ahead, highly recommmended by others, unfortunately won't allow kids so we didn't go.

Also hear the Mercedes factory tour is good if time permits. And as long as you're in Munich, why not do a triple header with the BMW factory tour, also said to be excellent, recall someone saying they got showered with sparks from welding robot on the floor.

Hope you have reservations for O'fest, definitely crazy busy and hard to get a spot in any of the tents. Avoid proximity to Australian tourists if at all possible, easy to spot them as they will be very drunk and festooned with bizarre souvenir headgear.

Have a gute time and ein prosit.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few hours should suffice at the Porsche museum unless you are a total freak and spend 5 hours like I did. Definitely bring your camera. If you are rushed for time the Porsche cafe isn't bad.

I would also recommend the Mercedes museum. It is very large and does a good job of showcasing their history.

Have a great time!

Quick Reply: OT: Porsche museum experience