Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Pictures from a great trip to Monterey...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 01:26 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a dream weekend, thanks for sharing.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:47 AM
acquav
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic shots
Old 08-24-2012, 12:31 PM
eddie_993
Rennlist Member

Amazing pics and you really had the patience to shoot everything but honestly, this is depressing!!!

I am planning on driving up there soon for the scenery but seeing this would have made it perfect. Maybe next year.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:25 PM
porsita
Rennlist Member

Ultimate stuff
Superb !
Old 08-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+ WOW!! Thanks for posting!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:25 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Top Notch Nick! Thanks.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 581 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by boman993

**Forgot to ask, what's the story with the Feds??
So.... WARNING to anyone in NorCal that takes an occasional blast along the C-58 from Santa Margarita to the 5. The massive solar field project has resulted in the PERMANENT presence of the CA Highway Patrol.... The company contracted to install the fields hired the CA HW Patrol for the next 3 years to ensure a safe roadway for the trucks etc.

This has been a favorite route back to SoCal & provided a great high speed section between the two twisty sections. Unfortunately last week, we discovered that these sections are now a nice easy 'hang out' for the Feds. We crested the hill in convoy at over 100mph only to see the black & white truck nestled comfortably under a large shade tree on the right side of the road.... Needless to say, we all just slammed on the anchors & pulled over immediately.

Without doubt, he was the coolest 'Cop' I've ever run into... He simply told us (with a great attitude) that the route will no longer be available for high speed runs for the next three years & he truly appreciated the 11-99 donations. The ticket ended up being for 70mph in a 55 zone.... The reading on his guns was 104.

Originally Posted by solomonschris
Thanks so much for doing this. If I had been there I would have been in such awe that I would have forgotten I was carrying a camera. The hinged steering wheel on the Gullwing is something I've never seen, also, that's the fist picture of the new Ferrari I've seen...very tasty piece. I wonder, V8 or V12? Thanks again for a great thread.....Chris
The Gullwing pictured is one of less than 30 300sl's that were 'lightweights' from the factory. This more than doubles the value of the car - truly stunning and a real treat to see. Notice the seams the attach the 'brows' to the body above the wheel wells - on a regular 300sl, there are no seams.

Originally Posted by MarkD
wow Nick!

Nice shots, thanks for posting

So, the hotel looks familiar.
Any late night hooker escapades in the parking lot this time?
Quite peaceful this trip Mark... But, you weren't there causing the ruckus this time...!

Originally Posted by boostid
Amazing photos, thanks. Haven't been there since 1998. Need to go back.

For phone photos, these are very good. What phone are you usiing?
Just a regular old iphone 4s.... Some of the pics above were taken with a simple cannon point & shoot, though mostly with my phone.

These phone cameras are getting so good that it seems a waste of space to bring a big camera.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 581 Likes on 255 Posts

Starting to jones for Monterey... Uploaded a few more today for those that are interested...

Quick Reply: Pictures from a great trip to Monterey...