Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Has anyone done "reverse bleeding" on the slave clutch cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 05:36 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 272 Posts

Simple reverse bleed: Be sure reservoir is topped up and do not tighten the cap. Connect a hose from the slave cylinder bleed nipple to the right rear inner brake bleed nipple. Open both bleed nipples. Press down slowly on the brake pedal until it bottoms, let it up and repeat slowly a couple of times. Close the bleed nipples. Check clutch pedal operation. Repeat if necessary. Once bled, remove the hose and carefully drain any left-over fluid in it. Tighten reservoir cap. All you've done is pushed good fluid up through the clutch slave cylinder, causing any air to be expelled up to the top of the reservoir.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:16 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Motive Power Bleeder is the tool to have...
I cleared my clutch master in 15 mins., by myself, no helpers; and this is after introducing air into the system and the clutch pedal slamming to the floor.
Just make sure you have a liter of your favorite DOT4 brake fluid on hand to dump into the Motive power bleeder.

Leftovers can be returned to the OEM bottle, but I have never used an opened bottle within a year of cracking the seal.

Have fun and be careful not to drip fluid onto your paint...
Old 08-23-2013, 09:38 PM
osugasman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark,

I did the clutch slave cylinder earlier today. Worked fine. Wasn't as hard as I was lead to believe. HOWEVER, why on earth Porsche decided to use a 7mm nut is beyond me. Had to use needle nose pliers to crack it open in the beginning and tighten it down at end. I only took off around 175 ml and had clear blue coming down the line. Not sure why people draw off so much?? Tomorrow is pretty busy. I will be up in Kettering for a night time XC meet at the high school. Might need to stop by the Taj before hand. Do you have the whens and wheres?

Quick Reply: Has anyone done "reverse bleeding" on the slave clutch cylinder?