Sponsored by:

visiting stockholm

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 05:56 PM
inkatouring
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts
Default visiting stockholm

Got to Stockholm yesterday (leaving the 993 behind for 2.5 whole weeks!) and had dinner right the hotel (Clarion Sign) last night at a place called Cloud Nine (it was ok and, most importantly, near the hotel) and tonight walked to Divino (ate at the cafe, not the fancier restaurant). Tomorrow should go to Gamlastan and Sodermalm on Monday. Any other "must do"s? Tuesday night, it off to Tallinn via the ferry....
Old 08-11-2012, 06:26 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Well, walk around the old city. It's a nice and very relaxing walk, good for half a day. Maybe go for the emperor's residence tour. I'm not a big fan of that but it was fairly nice. There is also an old covered market that I would recommend - there are several small seafood restaurants there with excellent food. The name eludes me but I can dig it up. Make sure you try herring (I'm no fan but it's really good in Stockholm) as well as venison. Oddly, gazpacho is like a national food in Stockholm and it's fairly good, especially in the summer. No less oddly, there is some good sushi.

Tallinn... my friends just came back from there and raved about a restaurant they went to. I can find out the name. My GF if from Tallinn so I can get a list of places to visit for you, but it also boils down to "walk around the old town". But she can be more specific.

Also, Jack Ennuste here on Rennlist lives in Tallinn so he can chime in if you PM him. He owns a 993 so it might be fun.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:51 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

The Vasa Museum, which showcases an intact salvaged 17th century warship is worth a visit, if you like history. So is the Stockholm City Hall, or Stadshuset, where they award some of the Nobel Prizes. Try the little tubes of caviar served at some breakfast buffets--good on a boiled egg, very salty. Pass on the shots of cod-liver oil.

Quick Reply: visiting stockholm