Tach glass help

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:57 PM
usnlynx
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tach glass help

Hello,

Been chasing an electrical fault and needed to get behind the dash hoping to find a loose wiring connection (will post more about that later). My problem now is this; was trying to remove the tach from the dash to gain access and the glass and bezel just came right off (see photos).

I had a 82 SC Targa a few years back and the gauges were relatively easy to remove, however, my currenty 993 is not being as accommodating.

1. Is there a trick to removing the gauges?
2. How do I fix the tach, as seen in the photos?

And yes, I did post this on Pelican Parts also and initially on the 911 forum here vice the 993 forum. Hope nobody gets bent about that, the more places I go for help the more likely I will find some useful help.

Thanks,
Mike
Attached Images
Attached Images   
Old 08-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

You should actually remove the clock first, can carefully pry it out via cloth and screw driver. Then push the speedometer out using leverage from behind, same principle with Tach.

I have a 3 spoke wheel and required removal to take out the tach. Others have managed to take it out without removal.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:44 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Some associated info that might help you:
http://p-car.com/diy/alugauges/
http://p-car.com/diy/odometer/
Old 08-15-2012, 03:00 AM
usnlynx
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the inputs. Got the gauges out, but unfortunately didn't find what I was looking for, need to dig deeper into the car I suspect. Now debating replacing the tach or just gluing the bezel back on. Any suggestions, or does anyone know if you can get a replacement cover/shell/can...whatever...for the tach?

Thanks
Mike

Quick Reply: Tach glass help