993 Forum 1995-1998

Transmission (Not Engine) Mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Transmission (Not Engine) Mount

I'm planning on doing a new clutch, LWFW, and FDM's SSK and Goldenrod soon, and I'm considering swapping the transmission mount, as well. I already have Wevo blue pillow engine mounts, and I didn't really perceive any increase in NVH after the switch from stock mounts, but I did like the enhanced, tighter feel from the back of the car.

I'm disinclined to pay EUR ~250 (plus shipping) to get the RS from Carnewal when there are probably similar (superior?) offerings available at lower prices.

Does anyone have specific experience with one brand or another that they can direct me toward (or away from)? The car is my DD, so I think a solid mount is probably out of the question.

Thanks
Old 08-07-2012, 02:56 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have semi-solid mounts in mine (pretty much solid, but with a little polyurethane in them).
The increase in NVH from the transmission mount is much more apparent than from doing the engine mounts, but the tightness of the shifter and the feedback from the car also increased dramatically as well.

If you can find someone near you with a semi-solid I would try to take a ride in one before making the choice. I would not go back to stock.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by chaoscreature
I have semi-solid mounts in mine (pretty much solid, but with a little polyurethane in them).
The increase in NVH from the transmission mount is much more apparent than from doing the engine mounts, but the tightness of the shifter and the feedback from the car also increased dramatically as well.

If you can find someone near you with a semi-solid I would try to take a ride in one before making the choice. I would not go back to stock.
Do you recall which particular mount you used? Is there a particular "go to" like with so many other mods?
Old 08-08-2012, 03:48 AM
geordie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turbokraft do a semi-solid tranny mount which is substantially cheaper than OEM RS but likely with more NVH.

http://www.turbokraft.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=118

Last edited by geordie; 08-09-2012 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Correcting web page
Old 08-08-2012, 10:08 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also just made a set of the Semi-solid mounts. I have three of them made for sale.
see here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ng-tranny.html
I am asking $127 for a set shipped anywhere in the US.

Quick Reply: Transmission (Not Engine) Mount