Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 12:51 PM
msw
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 16 Posts

sorry...not believing it

if you look at the bids...

imo...you have the sellers' friend bidding it up and his buddy countering

only 2 bidders since low 80K...with one bidding against himself...i.e making higher bids when already has highest bid
Old 08-04-2012, 12:53 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Look at the 'auto bids' .. it's all there ...
Old 08-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I wasn't going to jump in but I believe AutoCheck is the service eBay uses for vehicle history and much like CarFax they're not perfect. However the seller (GymGuy) has made at least 2 updates to the eBay ad and has had ample opportunity to correct the error in the ad and has failed to do so (last time I checked was late last night). That would be a major red flag to me and wouldn't be inclined to take him at his word in the future.

A couple of years ago when I was looking for my Cayenne a guy on RL was selling his and I contacted him about it. I had already done a search on his posts and found he had hit a deer with significant damage to the front bumper cover (fortunately no apparent damage to hood or fender but bumper was trashed). I gave him every opportunity to disclose the deer hit, I did everything but ask "have you ever hit a deer" but he never mentioned it. I told him I found out about the deer and dropped the discussion about his car then and there. I bought another Cayenne.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:07 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Not a one owner car, not the only C2S in Riv Blue in the U.S., as the eBay ad states.

May be possible that part of the reason the bids have been so high is because of it's alleged 1-owner, 1-off existence. Seller could be in a heap of trouble if the new owner, who paid so high for a 1-owner, 1-off car, finds out the eBay ad was fraudulent.

Such things wouldn't bother me for a run-of-the-mill car. But at $101K or more, these clearly false representations would raise more red flags than a Chinese airport.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:25 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Not a one owner car, not the only C2S in Riv Blue in the U.S., as the eBay ad states.

May be possible that part of the reason the bids have been so high is because of it's alleged 1-owner, 1-off existence. Seller could be in a heap of trouble if the new owner, who paid so high for a 1-owner, 1-off car, finds out the eBay ad was fraudulent.

Such things wouldn't bother me for a run-of-the-mill car. But at $101K or more, these clearly false representations would raise more red flags than a Chinese airport.
Well, the house of cards will soon be falling, I suspect. For many reasons:

1) The eBay ad for VIN WP0AA2991WS320617 is faudulant and misleading
2) The eBay seller, 36fd, has publically stated here on Rennlist his actual "Reserve Price"
3) The eBay seller, 36fd, has stated that he is in contact with bidders regarding side-deals and is actively pursuing contact with bidders outside of eBay

This will be ending badly, is my guess.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 539 Posts

I would bet he never registered the car in his name, never paid taxes on the purchase and won't claim the capital gains on this personal property sale. If the IRS catch wind, ebay sanctions will seem like a joke in comparisson I know in Canada a deposit of $100k would raise red flags like crazy!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:07 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^^ Negative nancies ^^^^
Old 08-04-2012, 07:14 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unbelievable, I'm speechless. Car is a two owner, title in my name!! No idea what the deal with autocheck is, those who I have talked to know this. Some of you guys are a miserable bunch, but I am enjoying this comedy show. I have never had this much fun or excitement on the GT3 board. I will be posting more detailed pictures and videos I took today shortly. And by the way I am still in touch with the original owner if any serious buyer wanted to talk to him about the car directly.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:21 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

GYMGUY, I hope this sells for $125k. Good for you! Not sure why you are getting all the hatred. Not normal for our 993 group.....except for a few that will remain nameless.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:21 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GYMGUY
Unbelievable, I'm speechless. Car is a two owner, title in my name!!
Finally! Then why does your description on the Ebay ad still say...."One owner".
Old 08-04-2012, 07:23 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Unbelievable, I'm speechless. Car is a two owner.

What am I missing here?

Then why does your eBay ad say one owner? And why have you not omitted something you know is deceptive on your ad?

Also, your car is not "the only 1998 Riviera C2S in North America".

So, not only did you not take off information that you know was not true, you deliberately amended your eBay auction to add more information that also seems not to be true.

The only one who should be speechless is anyone who's bidding over $100K on this auction for this car
Old 08-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Besides the questions on one-off, original owner, and the crazy price-where is the love for Cashmere? I wanted a car with Cashmere interior....just saying.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:40 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well being that I heard it was the only one on this board, can anyone here confirm how many 1998 RB Cashmere C2S 's were made? I will update the auction when I get home. I would appreciate some concrete info. considering this board is the reason this car is not a daily driver. I have to add a thank you to the negative guys on the board, I'm sure some of you were the reason I figured out what I even had and didn't beat up the car, haha! Really, shouldn't be ok to make a little money on one car when I've lost my shorts on every other that I've owned! Come on guys the glass is half full.
Cheers!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:48 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Well being that I heard it was the only one on this board, can anyone here confirm how many 1998 RB Cashmere C2S 's were made? I will update the auction when I get home. I would appreciate some concrete info. considering this board is the reason this car is not a daily driver.
Cheers!
No one said it wasn't the only "1998 RB Cashmere C2S". Remove the word "Cashmere". Your ad states it's the only 1998 RB C2S. That is more likely not true than true. In fact, since you rely on this board for concrete validation of these types of claims, a reliable active member posted that he saw, and has seen before, a RB C2S driving here in Los Angeles on Thursday.

Therefore, between that probable error and the 1-owner misrepresentation, it looks very unethical to have lapses like these on a car that is commanding over $100K. In fact, these falsehoods could give cause to any buyer to hold you liable for these claims, whether by canceling the contract or pursuing legal action, I would think. But who knows.

Good luck
Old 08-04-2012, 07:51 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Well being that I heard it was the only one on this board, can anyone here confirm how many 1998 RB Cashmere C2S 's were made? I will update the auction when I get home. I would appreciate some concrete info. considering this board is the reason this car is not a daily driver. I have to add a thank you to the negative guys on the board, I'm sure some of you were the reason I figured out what I even had and didn't beat up the car, haha! Really, shouldn't be ok to make a little money on one car when I've lost my shorts on every other that I've owned! Come on guys the glass is half full.
Cheers!
Chris, the best way to cover your lies about VIN WP0AA2991WS320617 is to just keep on lying.

Quick Reply: The ultimate Riviera Blue on Ebay