Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 09:57 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 347 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
this is very cool on so many levels

I see USPS tried to detroy the box... sheesh.
Well......with ONLY 6 fragile stickers on the box, what do you expect?
Old 07-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
A Wolf range in the kitchen!
Originally Posted by RJT
LOL!! That's the first thing I saw!!
No doubt! I was all over that.

Anybody else out there got one of these.......
Attached Images  
Old 07-31-2012, 10:50 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by C2Cab95
You talked to him in person though... I was 16 and called into Larry King Live and asked him how many Porsches he had and which ones. I guess that's cool in it's own right. I also had the chance to see his show in 2002 when his tour stopped in Grand Rapids.
I think you story is WAAAAAY cooler.....
Old 07-31-2012, 10:55 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mark Harris
No doubt! I was all over that.

Anybody else out there got one of these.......
SHOW OFF !!! LOL
Old 07-31-2012, 11:17 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

A Wolf range in the kitchen!
Originally Posted by RJT
LOL!! That's the first thing I saw!!
No doubt! I was all over that. .
Here's what that 'Wolf Range' looked like when I bought it in 2009 for $100 bucks .. Talk about a 'Barn Find'!

I took it all apart and called the 'Wolf' out of production parts center in Phoenix .. got an 'out of production' parts guy that sold me all NOS valves, gaskets, jets .. then I sent the body down to Petaluma Auto Body and they shot it in black Delcron enamel .. had the griddle machined at 'Mason's Drivelines' .. and the front facia was cleaned, hand brushed and clear powdercoated by ... wait for it ... Fister Di-Pietro Motorsports!! ..... and VOILA!

Old 07-31-2012, 11:28 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Nice resto JP! I worked for the parent company of Wolf for many years-Vulcan, and sold more than a few Wolf ranges in the day. The Challenger range series!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:34 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Nice resto JP! I worked for the parent company of Wolf for many years-Vulcan, and sold more than a few Wolf ranges in the day. The Challenger range series!
Ha ... well you KNOW what your looking at then! What an old skool beastie this is .. I still have the pilot light system on in the oven but I light everything else by hand as I need it ... it's 'quirky' by today's standards and about twice as much heat production. No more waiting for coffee water to boil in the morning ...
Old 08-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

I used to tell people they didn't really want a commercial range in their house when they inquired. If it wasn't the look of the casters, or whatever, I told them the pilot lights would be enough to blast them out of their kitchen!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jon Paul,

That is so cool. When I first saw it I wondered why the griddle was off to the left side and not centered. Had no idea it was old school. Anybody can go out and buy a new Gaggenau steamer. You have a true piece of functional art. Amazing!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:42 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Jon Paul,

That is so cool. When I first saw it I wondered why the griddle was off to the left side and not centered. Had no idea it was old school. Anybody can go out and buy a new Gaggenau steamer. You have a true piece of functional art. Amazing!!!
Ha ... hey Mark .. I thought it was a deep fryer! I should have known better .. I was thinking ... man you could really fry chicken anytime you want! ... now I feel guilty ;-) Pretty cool though .. and that explains the small water tap on the back
Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Some barn finds waiting in line for attention and a few completed ones! How many Wolf and Gagganau ranges are these worth and have you guys seen or tried a Bertozonni?
Attached Images   
Old 08-01-2012, 12:01 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Some barn finds waiting in line for attention and a few completed ones! How many Wolf and Gagganau ranges are these worth and have you guys seen or tried a Bertozonni?
Ha! That's got to be Denny Aker's place .. who else would have a line up like that??
Harlan, funny you should mention Bertozonni .. I just saw an ad for a brand new 36" 5 burner with convection for $2999 including a free vent hood and I was wondering why it was so cheap!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:17 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Jon,

Yeah, these were at Denny's workshop and at the Bull Session that the 356 group held a few weeks ago.
Bertozonni is a fairly new player in kitchen stoves, made in Italy, the painted stoves share the same paint line at the Lamborgini automotive plant. I have one of their 30" four burner stainless models.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:24 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Jon,

Yeah, these were at Denny's workshop and at the Bull Session that the 356 group held a few weeks ago.
Bertozonni is a fairly new player in kitchen stoves, made in Italy, the painted stoves share the same paint line at the Lamborgini automotive plant. I have one of their 30" four burner stainless models.
Yeah .. I was thinking you could probably buy all of those Speedsters for a million .. not a bad investment considering the alternatives :-)

So .. yeah, a local kitchen remodel place here in Santa Rosa is advertising a Bertazzonni 36" convection 'Proffessional' model in stainless with a free matching Bertazzonni vent hood for $2999 ... I paid $3200 for a DCS 30" three years ago in Seattle and I thought that was a good deal ..
So, what do you think of yours now that you've had it for a bit? Built well? Does it keep accurate heat/temp in the oven (important to me ...) .. burners regulate accurate 'simmer' settings? Easy to clean?
Old 08-01-2012, 02:23 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

I've had the "Bert" for a couple of years now. I got the most basic model with the high BTU burners with the manual gas oven and broiler with convection fan. The way we cook, I figure that any electronics would suffer and cook themselves. I bought a professional oven thermometer and have concluded that the oven settings are pretty much spot on. A large kitchen timer sits on the counter next to the stove. Cleaning is pretty straight forward with hot soapy water followed by a light spray of stainless cleaner. So far so good with burner quality and lack of maintenance issues.

Quick Reply: Barn Speedster find