Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Aluminum petals/foot rest source

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 01:15 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

ok, thanks to an advanced search and reading this thread I just got my black/rubber grips Rennline dead pedal. I chose black because I have a tan interior, and black mats. I generally don't like the bright 'look at me' silver stuff and I'm not even bothering with pedals other than the footrest. Thanks to everyone here for the advice.

Is it really as simple as drilling 3 holes and and screwing the 2 left/1 right screws into the holes through the carpet ? (provided that I can find the holes through the carpet with the screw which aren't very long). I'm screwing into a subframe and not through the driver's side wheel well ? No wires under there to worry about ?

I can't believe for a car that cost $60k new that Porsche couldn't do a real dead pedal instead of that vinyl carpet insert deal with a vinyl pedal that isn't tall enough ! I wore a quarter size hole in the carpet above the vinyl.

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Mike Pezely
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing behind the footrest to damage. OK to drill for installing a dead pedal.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:47 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 94 Posts

I just bought this set from Gert at Carnewal. The same as RUF but without logos. Haven't put it in yet but will do so shortly. I'm not a big fan of logos.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Aluminum petals/foot rest source