Sponsored by:

Front License Plate: now you see it - now you don't

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 02:09 AM
Porsche70T
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Front License Plate: now you see it - now you don't

I saw a late model Mustang with a front plate that slips neatly under the front bumper. The plate stores flat and when you want it visable just slide it out and it flips up. The slide is held in place with 3 tapping screws and is sold by americanmuscle.com in a manual version or a motorized version activated via a key fob. The slide mechanism is about an inch deep so the only drawback would be if you were to bottom the front end which would crush the slide. Let us know if someone tries it.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:31 AM
got*ki
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go -

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-solution.html

User "Nuff" installed an electronic - automatic one.

He even has a youtube clip on his thread.....
Old 07-24-2012, 11:00 AM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche70T
I saw a late model Mustang with a front plate that slips neatly under the front bumper. The plate stores flat and when you want it visable just slide it out and it flips up. The slide is held in place with 3 tapping screws and is sold by americanmuscle.com in a manual version or a motorized version activated via a key fob. The slide mechanism is about an inch deep so the only drawback would be if you were to bottom the front end which would crush the slide. Let us know if someone tries it.
I had the manual one on my MKIV R32 and I also used one on the Porsche. I bought mine from Swift Motorsports. They worked great but you do need to be careful when you run it on a lowered vehicle. I did end up ruining one of them

Quick Reply: Front License Plate: now you see it - now you don't