Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1996 Porsche 993 C2 Coupe 6-spd 56K New Top End Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012 | 01:56 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by dcdude
Car is sold. Thanks so much for all of the supportive posts. That was probably a big reason why the car sold so quickly and a reminder that it's a good idea to make sure that your local Rennlisters know your car!

Garth's friend Lloyd is a class act and has been a pleasure to work with. Hopefully he will introduce himself and share his cross country itinerary with so you northern and middle states guys can meet him along the way and buy him a beer!
let me know when the planned pick up is, I will personally deliver both of you a congratulatory beverage.
Old 07-26-2012 | 02:37 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kika
let me know when the planned pick up is, I will personally deliver both of you a congratulatory beverage.
I'll do the same.
Old 07-29-2012 | 11:57 AM
lcorkum
Advanced

I guess it is time for me to chime in here!!! First of all, Thank you Garth for finding this great car for me, it sounds awesome and I am really excited about seeing and driving it. Joanne is busy planning the trip, Monterey, Sonoma & Napa Valley for the taste buds, Salt Lake City - Utah, Omaha - Nebraska, Oskaloosa - Iowa (Musco Head Office), Kalamazoo - Michigan, Burlington - Ontario. then I get to send Joanne home on a plane and WORK my way back through Ottawa week of Sept. 10 arriving home Sept. 15th. This will be a relatively fast paced trip but so looking forward to it. This is a part of the world I have travelled several times by air, driving to Reno - Nevada from LA and on to Iowa will be all new to me. The Coastal Drive up from LA has been on my bucket list forever so this was a no brainer even after I checked shipping costs. We have a schedule now and starting to book hotels today so we will keep posting and look forward to the beers along the way!!! Garth, I will have to make up for drinking your share!!! It would be great if anyone wants to offer contact info. along our route in case any issues come up with the car which I am not expecting however you just never know and it is always better to be prepared then find yourself in need without any support. Always be prepared when you leave the dock is my moto and it is no different with cars. . . .

Chuck, you have been fantastic to work with in closing this deal and a great assett to the Rennlist community, I hope I can hold my own and keep up your good work keeping this car documented within this community.

It was great to see Tim's name come up as the original owner, great to see his and Chuck’s attention to detail through the history of this car. I hope we can all stay in touch and meet somewhere down the road maybe at a PCA Function.

I have an 88 Carrera Targa currently on the market which I am going to post here later as well as Pelican. We drove to the Zoine 1 Concours in Framingham Mass. in May and won 1st place in our division for People’s Choice, I am not one who will be a full Concours Participant as I believe in driving and enjoying my cars and I watched several spend so much time polishing and cleaning only to load on a trailer and haul home, that won't be this guy!!! This 993 will see action albiet on sunny days!!!

Long post but I needed to thank a couple of great people, Garth and Chuck who have been instrumental in starting me down this road that I have been looking forward to for so long. Thanks again!

Lloyd
Old 07-29-2012 | 12:07 PM
lcorkum
Advanced

We arrive in LA on Aug. 31 in case there is a celebration planned. . . . Our trip starts early Sept. 1 driving up the coastal route to Monterey. . . .
Old 07-29-2012 | 05:55 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Congrats!

You are getting a nice car.
Old 07-29-2012 | 06:14 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Congrats!
Old 07-30-2012 | 08:25 AM
lcorkum
Advanced

Here is a link to my 88 Targa in case anyone knows of someone interested in a 3.2 / G50. This is an exceptional car in great condition.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...arga-sale.html

Thanks,
Lloyd
7-30
Old 07-30-2012 | 08:31 AM
lcorkum
Advanced

Invitation: Anyone wanting to join us for the drive up to Monterey or part way is welcome, we are not familiar wiith this drive and would welcome any tips however we have seen many scenes of this area and that is why it has been on our bucket list for a long time.

Cheers
Lloyd
7-30
Old 07-30-2012 | 02:11 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by lcorkum
Invitation: Anyone wanting to join us for the drive up to Monterey or part way is welcome, we are not familiar wiith this drive and would welcome any tips however we have seen many scenes of this area and that is why it has been on our bucket list for a long time.

Cheers
Lloyd
7-30
I would love to run up to Monterey that weekend, but unfortunately I have previous engagements for Sept 1 and 2. I plan to meet you over at Chuck's on Aug 31, with some celebratory refreshments.

Since you will be spending some time in Napa, I highly recommend a meal at Domain Chandon's etoile restaurant: http://chandon.com/etoile-restaurant...estaurant.html
make reservations ahead of time, I have seen them turn people away at the front that had no reservations. absolutely one of the best meals I have ever had!
Old 07-30-2012 | 02:17 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Love the targa....US version by any chance?
Old 07-30-2012 | 08:29 PM
lcorkum
Advanced

Yes, it is a US Car.
I purchased the 88 in Dayton, Ohio back in 2005, I am in my 7th year with the car and it has been fantastic but I am not a collector so it has to go otherwise it would just stay in my stable. Price is very good considering all the work i have done to it just to make sure it was perfect. . .

Since it was a US car there should not be any issues taking the car back across the border but I have only taken them 1 way so I am no expert in this area.

Let me know if you would like a test drive in Halifax. . . .

Thanks,
Lloyd
7-30
Old 07-30-2012 | 08:32 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lcorkum
Yes, it is a US Car.
I purchased the 88 in Dayton, Ohio back in 2005, I am in my 7th year with the car and it has been fantastic but I am not a collector so it has to go otherwise it would just stay in my stable. Price is very good considering all the work i have done to it just to make sure it was perfect. . .

Since it was a US car there should not be any issues taking the car back across the border but I have only taken them 1 way so I am no expert in this area.

Let me know if you would like a test drive in Halifax. . . .

Thanks,
Lloyd
7-30
Funny, one of my close pals is from Halifax, last named Corkum as well. He lives down here in California. His name is Bruce Corkum.

Small world.

Congrats on buying Chuck's car. I've seen it and you will not be disappointed
Old 07-31-2012 | 09:38 PM
lcorkum
Advanced

Thanks for all the support through Chuck's thread, he appreciates it and i certainly do, I learned a lot about the car just reading all these posts. sure makes a guy feel like he found something special and I truly believe Garth did. . . . and I am the lucky recipient. The ride home will be a blast, i am so looking forward to it. Chuck suggested a wine tour half way to monterey so we are going to do that instead of Samnoma Valley due to the number of people there this time of year. so with a shorter run maybe there will be some takers. . . more fun in a posse!!!
Old 11-29-2012 | 05:25 PM
casco44
3rd Gear

Thumbs up

yesss
Old 11-29-2012 | 09:35 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Duly reported.

Quick Reply: FS: 1996 Porsche 993 C2 Coupe 6-spd 56K New Top End Los Angeles