Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Feeler - Potentially For Sale 1996 Blue Turquoise/Black C2

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 04:37 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't recommend him selling it at all. It will be something he regrets.

End of the day, its his car and he can do and sell it to whomever he pleases. The so called Rennlist dibs process is purely optional if you want to play. I doubt it would hold up in Judge Judy's court....but maybe Judge Joe Brown's.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:42 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 198 Posts

Looks like we have 2 993 collectors in our midst

Have at it guys, you help those of us who already own a 993
Old 07-20-2012, 04:46 PM
DALLWA
Racer

One collector, one wannabe. You gotta have cash and a wife that allows this sort of activity.

My wife wants a Motorhome before the next 993. Plus have you seen the new ZL1? Hubba hubba
Old 07-20-2012, 04:47 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 339 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Won't the depreciation on the C63 AMG MB be horrendous? Especially new. About the only thing faster than the AMG's 0-60 time will be the depreciation curve. Keeping the 993 can be your hedge.
We came extremely close to buying an '08 C63 in early '09. The car was 6 months old with 3000 miles at South Bay MBZ in Torrance. It stickered at $71,000 and they were asking $49,000....probably sold at $45K.
The car was intoxicating! It was so hard not to go stupid fast. Reminded us of the AMG Hammer that Rob had when he worked at Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories back in the 80s. (he didn't own it, just "had" it).
Old 07-20-2012, 06:32 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DALLWA
Jonathan sent me a PM saying I was first in line, fair is fair, on his car at $44k. (assuming he bought the AMG of course).

Sounds like "fair is fair" isn't so fair after all, lol. Beuller
I am a fair guy. Challenge is that at the same time I was reading and replying to your PM, others were coming into email at the exact same time, including one from someone that previously wanted the car and one from someone offering more than asking. Who was first? Hard to say. I will sort through it all and be as fair as I can. And just so you know, the offer over asking price was not first in line, and likely wont be the buyer....lest you think I have no character in these matters...

All academic until I can close this deal on the new car anyway, something I was very upfront about in my FEELER thread
Old 07-20-2012, 07:09 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Jonathan,

It's your car, you can sell to whomever you want. It's my money, I can write the check to whatever purchase I choose. It's no different.
You sent me the PM on Sunday night and it was crystal clear, versus now a bit muddy after other offers in the background.

You said it, wrote it as you can see:

"Less than an hour and several PMs already Yours was the first, fair is fair. You are #1 in line. Wont string you along, I should know something in the next couple days and will ping you back. Thanks"

I have sent you 3 (PM-emails) asking you for status as you stated above, with no response from you until I wrote here on this thread.
Can't respond to a single email or PM from the guy buying your car, first in line, even with all the disclaimers? Something doesn't sit right,
there are timestamps on PMs and emails, easy to determine who's first...

No, I wouldn't do business with you. Not buying it, not interested in your car either.

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
I am a fair guy. Challenge is that at the same time I was reading and replying to your PM, others were coming into email at the exact same time, including one from someone that previously wanted the car and one from someone offering more than asking. Who was first? Hard to say. I will sort through it all and be as fair as I can. And just so you know, the offer over asking price was not first in line, and likely wont be the buyer....lest you think I have no character in these matters...

All academic until I can close this deal on the new car anyway, something I was very upfront about in my FEELER thread
Old 07-20-2012, 07:13 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by DALLWA
Jonathan,

It's your car, you can sell to whomever you want. It's my money, I can write the check to whatever purchase I choose. It's no different.
You sent me the PM on Sunday night and it was crystal clear, versus now a bit muddy after other offers in the background.

You said it, wrote it as you can see:

"Less than an hour and several PMs already Yours was the first, fair is fair. You are #1 in line. Wont string you along, I should know something in the next couple days and will ping you back. Thanks"

I have sent you 3 (PM-emails) asking you for status as you stated above, with no response from you until I wrote here on this thread.
Can't respond to a single email or PM from the guy buying your car, first in line, even with all the disclaimers? Something doesn't sit right,
there are timestamps on PMs and emails, easy to determine who's first...

No, I wouldn't do business with you. Not buying it, not interested in your car either.
What is that I smell? Oh, popcorn
Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Oh..I've tried to be a good little boy Goof. Must resist........futile.......
Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 339 Likes on 151 Posts

I've cleaning and packed away the sand box fellas. I really don't want to bring it back out again. I also broke the popcorn machine and threw out the fake butter.

I am sure this will all work out, one way or the other. After all, and I can't believe I am actually going to type this...... it's only a car. (Whew I DID IT!) There are worse things that can happen. It's not a matter of life or death and not really worth getting all upset about at all.

Carry on.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:03 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Jonathan,

My advice for the future. Don't place your car for sale until you are prepared to sell it. No what ifs, contingencies, maybe, testing the waters or other conditional crap. This just creates unneccesary issues (with or without popcorn) that may or may not happen. This outcome was not too hard to predict.

Please.....do us all a favor and just keep it. It is too nice.

Mark
Old 07-20-2012, 08:11 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Jonathan,

My advice for the future. Don't place your car for sale until you are prepared to sell it. No what ifs, contingencies, maybe, testing the waters or other conditional crap. This just creates unneccesary issues (with or without popcorn) that may or may not happen. This outcome was not too hard to predict.

Mark
+993.

Nothing personal, but there is nothing more worthless than an "I'm thinking of selling my car" thread. How this thread is devolving is one of the reasons why

Either sell it or don't. Nature favors bold decisions, and ambiguity only looks good when displayed by 6-year old kids at the counter of an ice cream parlor.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Nature favors bold decisions, and ambiguity only looks good when displayed by 6-year old kids at the counter of an ice cream parlor.
Love that analogy. Spoken like a true "warrior."

I agree with the folks above, including JoAnne. It is only a car. We can't take it with us.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Jonathan,

Mark
Probably right, and I agree. Although now the list is smaller. Makes things easier. You start to find out who is serious and who isnt, who is going to be easy to deal with, who isnt. DALLWA, sorry about your feelings and comments. Never said I wasnt going to sell the car to you. You were indeed the first PM, and perhaps would have been the buyer. Got an email from a local buyer who had previously showed interest however, pretty much at same time as your PM. Just kind of put it all on hold because its academic until the deal gets done. It will get done. Its taking a little longer than I hoped. I give you the benefit of the doubt, wish you had done the same. I have been here about 8 years as part of this community. Hope you are around as long.

Although no issues on previous feelers/sales.... its good advice nonetheless, let's let the thread die and enjoy pics with the new owner.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:56 PM
DALLWA
Racer

LOL. now I am first in line? Nice try, and see it's the games you play, your childish.

I was told by other Rennlister's that is what you did to them exactly as you did here to me.

So, do the right thing, sell it to one of the ones before me, who don't have a Riviera Blue or Turq Blue 993 who would really love to own one.

And close the thread.

Last edited by DALLWA; 07-20-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:42 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Tony, if it makes you feel better, you woulda only owned it for a month or two and then sold it off anyway, if history is any guide...

Anyway, as others have stated, it's just a car. Have a good weekend, everyone.

Quick Reply: Feeler - Potentially For Sale 1996 Blue Turquoise/Black C2