so, WHO bought the car ????

Has money changed hands yet?

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller ??
Old 07-18-2012, 10:13 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
there was/is a nice one with back seats(looks good) FS on mbworld.

oops..it sold.. http://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-v...-68-000-a.html

btw, CLK63> 993 > C63
there are tons of CLK63 AMG cars for sale....

I need a backseat...
Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

There is a list. And it does appear that I underestimated demand. Several offers above asking price (mentioning this because I think it will make all 993 owners smile to know that these cars hold their value...period).

If you read my OP carefully, this all depended on the deal on BS going through. Still working the deal. Situation is that there are only 3-4 left unsold and untitled in U.S. and the dealers are asking for premiums, which I will not pay. I have one very close to selling at sticker and think that I will be successful. More info soon. thanks
Old 07-19-2012, 12:50 AM
RocketJohn
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

how pervasive are the AMG engine issues, only the early 6,3 motors?
Old 07-19-2012, 02:25 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
There is a list. And it does appear that I underestimated demand. Several offers above asking price (mentioning this because I think it will make all 993 owners smile to know that these cars hold their value...period).
I'd try and work out a way of keeping this uber rare colored 993. Sell something else or try to make it work by other means because even your own words elude to the fact that you have underestimated its demand; meaning you'll be hard pressed to find another.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:31 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You can rent just about any secured 15 x 20 garaged space for about $120/month. Keep it, Sully!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 AM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

I agree with the comment about 6.3L torque. It is addictive. A friend loaned me his 2010 E63 which he is about to trade in. The acceleration is immediate beginning at any speed. I love my 993 and RSA and would never sell them, however the 6.3L AMG cars are amazing performers, mostly due to the raw power.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:56 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

If you read my OP carefully, this all depended on the deal on BS going through. Still working the deal. Situation is that there are only 3-4 left unsold and untitled in U.S. and the dealers are asking for premiums, which I will not pay. I have one very close to selling at sticker and think that I will be successful. More info soon. thanks
Hey Jonathan,

If you are selling your beautiful 993 at a "premium", don't be so concerned about paying a premium for a highly sort after MB. Market drives pricing. Isn't that the concept 993 owners attest every day.

GLW the purchase and it sounds like the sale of your 993 will be very easy.

Mark
Old 07-19-2012, 10:14 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Won't the depreciation on the C63 AMG MB be horrendous? Especially new. About the only thing faster than the AMG's 0-60 time will be the depreciation curve. Keeping the 993 can be your hedge.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:20 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RocketJohn
how pervasive are the AMG engine issues, only the early 6,3 motors?
No issues. On the very early motors pre-2010 there were some issues with cylinder heads but has been long since corrected. One of the things that intersts me in this car is that I think the 6.3 has been pretty much perfected and I think this will be the last run prior to the bi turbo v8.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:42 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

More info soon. thanks
Another peak behind the curtain at Rennlist. To your credit, I think you made it clear within a few hours of creating the thread that you had three pm's with offers to buy at your terms, car is sold with two backups in case of a snag first come, first served. Bravo and congrats Jonathon. Then you get several offers from our fellow members above asking price looking to coerce you into selling to them instead. I wonder how many of those came from people who bemoan the flippers here and would burn Deadhead1960 at the stake for being a "dirtbag". Man, this place is a piece of work .... I'm done, back to the program.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:37 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where's GYMGUY at?
Old 07-20-2012, 03:51 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by DALLWA
Where's GYMGUY at?
I saw a post of his recently on buying a new GT3 or having just sold one. He still has his C2S...

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=68774
Old 07-20-2012, 04:25 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jonathan sent me a PM saying I was first in line, fair is fair, on his car at $44k. (assuming he bought the AMG of course).

Sounds like "fair is fair" isn't so fair after all, lol. Beuller

Originally Posted by JPP
Another peak behind the curtain at Rennlist. To your credit, I think you made it clear within a few hours of creating the thread that you had three pm's with offers to buy at your terms, car is sold with two backups in case of a snag first come, first served. Bravo and congrats Jonathon. Then you get several offers from our fellow members above asking price looking to coerce you into selling to them instead. I wonder how many of those came from people who bemoan the flippers here and would burn Deadhead1960 at the stake for being a "dirtbag". Man, this place is a piece of work .... I'm done, back to the program.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:29 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

^^^ I think everybody needs to give Jonathon a chance to complete his Mercedes purchase which all other commitments are depending on ... right?

Quick Reply: Feeler - Potentially For Sale 1996 Blue Turquoise/Black C2