Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best spray on wax?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:19 PM
speedbump2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in the pleistocene epoch (late 60's - early 70's) when I was a teenager, there weren't a lot of spray wax products out there, so we used this:

It did a good job, but made the car smell like lemons for a day or so.

--Chuck--
Old 07-10-2012, 10:06 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 941 Likes on 572 Posts

Parnelli- I've always done it when the car is a little wet, after water blading most of the water off. Never noticed any real residue either. Might need a little more buffing if the car is completely dry.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Gt3 Racer RS
Banned

Spray on dry car, wipe of with microfiber towel. Might need more wiping if you have a black car
Old 07-11-2012, 12:59 AM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Griots spray on wax is great. My car is mostly dry when I apply with no issues.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:24 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I really like the Adam's Detail Spray that I buy (in gallon size) from site sponsor Phil of Detailer's Domain:

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Adams...pray_p_85.html

I use this, on a very dry & clean car, between waxes. Easy. Smells great. Great shine. I still like to use RejeX wax on leading edges (front bumper, side mirrors- for bugs to come off easier). Adam's Detail Spray is also great for your mirrors, dials, and carbon fiber.

I may give Detailer's Domain NanoSkin a try some day.
Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2012, 08:34 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli
I have Griots Spray-on wax. I washed and dried my car 2 days ago and car has been in garage since. Can I put spray the wax on a dry car? Or does it have to be applied on the car while car is still wet (from just washing) ?? Gonig to a car show and would like it to shine!
Parnelli, both, actually.

You can put the Griots on a dry, clean, cool, dust free car. The main concern about the car sitting for a few days in your garage is dust. The dust will scratch the finish when you go to use the quick detailer spray wax.

So, I'd recommend you take a damp high quality concours waffle weave drying towel, and lightly dust the car prior to using the spray wax. Rise the drying towel in warm water after each panel. Light pressure.

I'll even just hold the corners of the drying towel, and sweep it across the panel, to pick up any light dust that may have accumulated over-night, prior to using my Adam's. I like the car to dry overnight in the garage, prior to any detailing work.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:53 AM
V
Rennlist Member

The Honda stuff works great, here is an old thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...incredble.html
Old 07-11-2012, 11:27 AM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli
I have Griots Spray-on wax. I washed and dried my car 2 days ago and car has been in garage since. Can I put spray the wax on a dry car? Or does it have to be applied on the car while car is still wet (from just washing) ?? Gonig to a car show and would like it to shine!
I actually find the spray on wax is much easier to apply when drying the vehicle. If you do it after its dry, you almost have to go back over it and buff it. Use speed shine if the car is dry.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:15 PM
fullbooker
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Meguires Final Inspection for years; be sure to use the duster first. Works great between wet washes.
Phil

Quick Reply: Best spray on wax?