Sponsored by:

trunk light switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 08:03 AM
funbug
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trunk light switch

Where is the switch located? When I put back my speedo after having the odometer gear repaired I noticed that there was a light shining in the trunk even though it was shut. No wonder my battery was running flat until I put on a tricke charger!
Old 07-07-2012, 09:00 AM
sbarracl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The trunk light switch is in the latching mechanism that secures the "frunk" lid. You can close the mechanism by hand to turn off the light. I do it when I have the battery on the trickle charger in the winter. Just don't forget to unlatch it before closing it to drive. Also, having the rear engine cover / trunk lid open will turn the frunk light on as well.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:49 AM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The frunk light will turn on with the interior lights whenever you open the doors, that is normal.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:53 AM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

The trunk light will stay on for a pre-determined time when the doors are open, then, supposedly shut off. If it doesn't, then you may have a faulty or misaligned micro-switch under the trunk latch. If you need to check or adjust it, take off the black plastic panel, locate the micro-switch and check the actuator arm for proper operation. Adjust as necessary.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 AM
funbug
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
The trunk light will stay on for a pre-determined time when the doors are open, then, supposedly shut off. If it doesn't, then you may have a faulty or misaligned micro-switch under the trunk latch. If you need to check or adjust it, take off the black plastic panel, locate the micro-switch and check the actuator arm for proper operation. Adjust as necessary.
Thanks. I'll try that.

Quick Reply: trunk light switch