Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need more power

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 07:33 AM
EckFe1
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I have just done almost 1k miles in the Dolomites, driving mountain passes etc. I have a LWF and Steve Weiner's software mod in a 97 cab. The single most thing I notice is the low rpm accelleration out of hair pin turns. I hate to shift in 1st when the car is still moving so I don't. I never floor it below 2k rpm so our engines have very little go when at 3000 ' elevation but I still don't have many problems passing slower cars with the exception of the big diesels but they're all 2 tons or more so none of them really pull away until I can catch them between 4 to 6.5k rpm. That's what I love to do most if I drive the car hard.
I've done some 250 miles in the last 3 days just driving in 2nd gear all the way through the rev range over and over, all day long. Most of the streets in the Dolomites fit the gearing of the US 993 really well.
On my way home to Nuremberg, I drove the Autobahn from Garmisch to Munich with very little traffic at 130mph + all the way and a long 6th is perfect for that. I still have plenty of rpm left to even downshift in 5th and floor it to redline if needed to some 150mph. Regearing in the US makes sense but not in Europe. That's my opinion anyways. I'm glad I have the long gears. I wouldn't want it any other way.
Ed
Old 08-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

"software mod"

Read here: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ip-advice.html

Quick Reply: Need more power