Advice on selling price: 1995 993, DE/Street

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 02:39 PM
ofd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on selling price: 1995 993, DE/Street

Hi All,

Well I just purchased a second cottage. Curently finishing my orignal cottage to sell by Sept 1 ( ie this summers booked). This new cottage is a great piece of land but has a early 70's cottage on it ( ie the next 2-3 summers are booked )
So instead of my car sitting for the next 3 plus years I though I'd test the market. I know it's soft for my kind of car but I would not put it up for a crazy price only not to be able sell it.
This is the help I need. Below is the add from the fellow Rennlister I bought it from. Car currently has 76 K miles. Car still has full interior and cold air and is lisc for the street.
This car will not be parted so please no PM's wanting this or that. Also no crazy low offers, it's not a $ thing, more of a time thing. On top of the cottages my 2 boys are 10 and 12 and I love spending the time with them.
Real busy now so not much time for the car. I've used it twice this year

The car will be for sale with after next weekend. This will give me some time to think about pricing and it will be fair.

What is a fair price range for this car?

Tks for taking the time to help me

I've added the following

-gear box by Copans full rebuild including cup gears 3-6, steel syncros and a Porsche Motorsport LSD, about $10K
-brand new full front and rear RS brakes with pagid yellows, Call it $6 K
-RS tail
-RS Steering wheel and shifter

Add from Rennlister Lrrr

Features
Year: 1995 Make: Porsche Model: 993
Miles: Engine: Fuel Inj. Stereo: AM-FM/CD
Body Style: Coupe Transmission: Manual - 5 speed
Color: Silver / Black Drivetrain: 2 Wheel Drive

Description
I’m looking to get into a W2W car so this one has to go. I bought the car in 2005 and it was stock with the exception of the RS splitters and a Rennsport chip. Since then I have added a few lapping / DE mods. The car has seen 15 or 20 lapping days. It is not a daily driver for me but is totally streetable on the softer suspension settings.

Car has been modded / maintained primarily by CPT in Chicago and Accumoto in WI.

Here are the details:

1995 C2 993 – Will provide option codes (it does have 220 / LSD)
Silver / black – 69K on the clock
Moton Clubsports – Hypercoil 600/800 + Eibach tender springs
TRG mounts / camber plates x4 (fresh alignment (-3f/-2.9r )/ cornerbalance)
TRG sways
LWF and new RS clutch (installed May '09)
Strut tower brace (forget the manufacturer)
DAS bar
Recaro SPG XL seats (Recaro slider mounts on both seats)
Sabelt harnesses but I retained the stock lap belts for street use
Fabspeed bypass pipes
RSR mufflers
Hawk HT-10s on all four corners
Rennsport chip
RS front splitters
18 inch MY02 5 spokes / Nitto NT1s (~80% remaining)
Front tow hook
Alpine head unit (CD/ mp3) with Blaupunkt speakers - I'm not much of an audio guy but it sounds pretty good
Traqmate Data Acquisition

I have available all of the stock pieces / parts that were upgraded with the exception of the stock wheels.

I am the 3rd owner. First owner is a long time RL member from the east coast who sold it to a guy in New Mexico. He only owned it for a little over a year before I got it. When I bought the car it passed PPI with flying colors.

Car just had fresh tune-up, RS clutch, RS LWF, valve cover gaskets, and a couple other random gaskets / seals due to oil seepage on the driver’s side.

Paint is nice - normal wear and tear for it's age / miles.

PPI encouraged – Lots of options in the area. I will take it anywhere in Chicagoland area. Asking 38K – Email for additional details / pics

This is a great car, no surprises. If I had the space and could justify 2 toy cars I would keep it.
Attached Images      
Old 06-23-2012, 04:05 PM
firesm
Pro

Geoff - you've got it all wrong!!! You were supposed to get another Porsche, so you could have two of those and one cottage - not the other way around!

The transmission you had built, to me adds huge value to a car that is already perfectly set up, suspension and brakewise, for the track. I'm not very good at the pricing game people play on here for cars, and being in Canada may complicate matters - but if someone was looking for a car perfectly set up for track/de driving yet still abe to drive on the street, this one would be worth bringing back to the U.S..

In the spirit of full disclosure - Geoff and I are friends and we work at the same station. So, I encourage someone to buy this so that I can have the fastest/nicest/lowest mileage 993 at work...
Old 06-23-2012, 04:29 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Possibly my yellow car is the closest comp out there. (Well, if it wasn't dinged, but I've been talking to someone about acquiring it as-is, so let's say mine is as it was back in March.)

Yours: 50K fewer miles on the chassis, looks like it's still got all the rubber in the suspension + stock uprights, and does still have A/C.

Mine: 3.8L with under 10K that's been massively massaged, no rubber anywhere (well, the tires) + uprights, no doubt cosmetically it's rougher but certainly not bad.

We were getting close around $30K, me doing the trans repair and his guys doing the bodywork at his shop. So call it $35K in it's "before" state.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:09 AM
ofd
Instructor

Tks Steve, Ken

Forgot to say my car is a US car that I imported to Canada. So as Steve said can be harder to price.
2 Porsche cars would be a lot easier than 2 cottages, but the view west from the sand beach was to hard to pass on.
This new place is like finding a 1 owner C2S with Hard back sport seats and a G50/32 tranny from the factory with 10K miles for lets say $40K

Quick Reply: Advice on selling price: 1995 993, DE/Street