Sponsored by:

Darn pollen filters

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 02:01 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Darn pollen filters

Ive been putting off changing the pollen filters after hearing about people's frustrations getting the covers back on. Today I tackled this little job with only about 20 minutes of cussing. The drivers side was frustrating probably because I did it first. There are a few key steps to make this an easy job as it should be. First, make sure the filter tabs are seated properly. Secondly, start installing the filter housing by sliding it straight down into position while making sure that the vertical rib is engaging with the slot. You have to get your head right in there to see it. The cover engages and seals all around the edges but if you get it started correctly it all seems to line up on its own. The old filters weren't too dirty.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did mine a couple weeks ago. Not difficult...just a PIA. New versus 15 year old original:
Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

It's always good to have some fuses for the blower fan handy-if you don't get it seated correctly, the fan will blow the fuse pretty much the instant it tries to spin.

Mark-I guess that shows they do grab some crud, albeit I think one could go more than the 6 month or whatever the seemingly all-too-frequent recco interval. Perhaps, not 15 years.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:31 AM
eddie_993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be tackling this in about a week, any other advice? I've read numerous times that it's very important to make sure that the filters are in properly and not blocking the fans.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:43 AM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just did mine (again) and it only took me 10 minutes. As Matt says, pay close attention to the orientation of the filters and their tabs. They only go in one way.

Also, when doing the passenger side, take care not to dislodge the adjacent vacuum hoses.\

Cheers,
Joe

Quick Reply: Darn pollen filters