Advice on potential buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 04:28 PM
pmo75
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on potential buy

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a 993 cab. I'm looking for low miles (30 to 50) but no collector with 12k...

I like this car at Holt and I hear they are good guys.

http://www.holtmotorsports.com/inventory.php?vin=342225

I talked to them and they know what they sell. They ask 42k and the car has a new top.

The car has supple leather though. Not a big fan myself, though not a deal breaker. Just wanted to know if the market is partial for or against supple leather. Is it an issue the day I want to sell the car?

Quirky detail: the car has a darkwood shift stick, which is a factory option...
Not to my taste either, but hey, it's factory. Maybe stoddard has a 993 regular stick...

Schmitt has a nice black/cashmere convertible as well, but they ask Sloan price without the Sloan reputation.

thanks for your feedback.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:02 PM
NEK
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Supple leather is no biggie to me, but some people don't much like it. My sense is that for even these folks, like you, it's not a deal breaker and it won't significantly affect you're ability to sell it on later.

The shifter **** is probably the root wood option, which was $ back in the day and is still $ today. I paid dearly for a new one last year and I love it. You'd be able to sell/trade it here easy. Do the car also have the root wood e-brake handle? If yes, keep me in mind if you get the car and want to swap it out.

Best of luck.

Edit: I looked at the pics after I posted. It's a root wood **** fo' shiz, and no e-brake handle. I get one someday!

-NEK

Last edited by NEK; 06-07-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: I'm slow

Quick Reply: Advice on potential buy