Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

16th Annual Richmond Porsche Meet (RPM)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 05:51 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 16th Annual Richmond Porsche Meet (RPM)

Last week my buddy was at Euroclassics, the Porsche dealer here in Richmond, ordering his new Boxster and he ran across a brochure for the annual RPM here in Richmond. As I've only had my car for about 6wks and I haven't had a chance to become a PCA member, I wasn't even aware of the event until he gave me the brochure.

The family and I decided to check it out and I'm glad we did. The PCA's Shenandoah Region is who put on this event the first weekend of June each year.

One of the member opens up their beautiful property along the James River for the car corrall and concours judging. We were one of the last cars to show up, so they slotted me between a couple of 996s This is the first time I've had my car (any car of mine actually!) displayed, so that was extremely cool. There weren't alot of 993s - mine, an AR C4S, a blue C2, and that was it as I recall. There were a ton of 996s and 964s along with a good number of 997s and a 991. Boxsters were well represented. There was one 914, a 968,some 356s, a beautiful Guards Red 928, and the CGT Overall, just a great group of P-cars.

After a lunch, about half the cars went on a rally to The Foundry Golf Club. Absolutely stunning location with spectacular scenery. The pictures of my car we snapped there are the best ones I've taken so far The staff at Foundry enjoyed having the cars there. The downside was that I was third car in line and in front of me was a heavily modified 964 Turbo that sounded like it it should have been on a racetrack - totally wicked car - but the exhaust fumes it was spewing made my son carsick!

From Foundry we went over to Euroclassics and they did a tech session on the 991. They had a new C2S Cab that was stunning. Getting up close to a 991 made me realize just how much the 911 has grown in size from our dimunitive 993s!

Today, the group was doing an autocross session at Southside Speedway, a 1/3 mile track about 10 minutes from my house where Denny Hamlin of NASCAR fame, spent alot of time racing as a youth (he's from my town of Chesterfield, VA). I couldn't make the AX - I'm getting new tires this week (Michelin PSS's) and I wasn't confident in doing an AX on the old sneakers I have.

Overall, it was a terrific day - beautiful weather, great cars, great roads, good food, excellent scenery, and best of all, some quality time with the family. They really enjoyed themselves. Those are my kids in the pictures - my son looks right at home behind the wheel doesn't he? My daughter's favorite car was the CGT - no surprise there. My wife had a great time as well.

Hope you enjoy the pics!
Attached Images                
Old 06-03-2012, 05:55 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Some additional pics...
Attached Images                
Old 06-03-2012, 05:56 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 464 Posts

LOVE the GR Carrera GT. Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:20 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 181 Posts

Chris,

Great post and looks like a great event. You're right, nothing like sharing them with the kids! They're naturals in the 993 and bring your daughter to Dallas and I'll take her for a ride in the cgt. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:53 AM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Chris,

Great post and looks like a great event. You're right, nothing like sharing them with the kids! They're naturals in the 993 and bring your daughter to Dallas and I'll take her for a ride in the cgt. Thanks for sharing.
Deal! Just texted you...looks like I'll be in Dallas 6/25-6/27 on business. Let's meet up if you're around...I'd like to make good on that beer I owe ya!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:55 AM
David in VA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, do you know about the FSR breakfast on the first Saturday of the month? Great group of people and usually some really nice cars to look at. Takes place at the Silver Diner on Broad and *** in the West End.

David
Old 06-05-2012, 09:58 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Must attend someday. Looked like good fun!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:12 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by David in VA
Chris, do you know about the FSR breakfast on the first Saturday of the month? Great group of people and usually some really nice cars to look at. Takes place at the Silver Diner on Broad and *** in the West End.

David
David,

I wasn't aware of that, so thanks for the heads up. I'll defintely check it out and meet up with you there!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:35 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting. Your cab is good looking.
chuck

Quick Reply: 16th Annual Richmond Porsche Meet (RPM)