Sponsored by:

Help me price it...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Jetzeus
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me price it...

Hi everyone! Although I haven't made the final decision yet, I am thinking hard about selling my 993. I know, I know, I have only had it a couple of months, but after finding out from a certified car seat installer yesterday that there is NO WAY the set up I have is safe, I'm completely bummed. The whole joy of the car has involved riding in it with them in the back! Also throw in the mix I don't NEED the third car, a potential golf club membership is in the mix, funds could be directed elsewhere, etc, etc etc...

In the 2+ months I have had it, I haven't even driven it 1000 miles yet. I have had zero issues with it...runs flawlessly. I am the third owner...first one was a leaser who put around 40k miles on it, second owner put about 12k on it and kept all service records, which there is nothing but normal maintenance actions and a few small nuisance unscheduled stuff. It's a Tippy, as well, and that is also one of the reasons I am not IN LOVE with it...I miss the shifting. Didn't think I would, but I do. Exterior is a 9/10, interior is a 8.5/10 but with a shampoo, it's easily a 9. Has the OEM boot cover (which I bought), tool kit, new top, new battery, clean oil...it's just ready to be loved.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Jetzeus
Advanced

Forgot to add...she is a '98 and has 55,xxx miles on her. Kinda critical info there, eh?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:07 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

If it were a 6spd, you would be looking at low-mid $30's but Tip's aren't popular here in the U.S. so I'd guess high $20's .. JMHO.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:29 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 261 Posts

I have been on the child seat hunt. The base that appears to work for 993s is the new Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Air because it is at least 3-4 inches smaller in its base dimensions compared to Britax and will fit into the smaller back seat. Unfortunately, My kid cannot ride in the Pcar until he is 1 year old even if he meets the weight requirement today. I can't give you a review on this seat because I ended up buying the new Peg Prego Primo Viaggio for our family truck and that is a really nice child seat.

GLWTS..
Old 06-01-2012, 11:36 AM
gaby1088
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is KBB not a good website to value our cars?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Jetzeus
Advanced

@CHSU...HOW DID I MISS THAT ONE!?!?! I thought my search was exhaustive...apparently not!!

@Gaby... get differing numbers for KBB and Edmunds, so why not come to the foremost authority?

@JPP...OUCH!! Thanks for your honest opinion, but really THAT low!?!? I guess that's why I asked though, eh? Thanks for your input!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:48 AM
gaby1088
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool. I just sometimes find that the prices given here are really really low. Im asking for my car a little more than what KBB says (just because im not interested in selling it, but if i sell it im OK) and ive had a couple of people really interested (and offering within 3k of my asking price) but my price is firm for now (again because im not really interested in selling the car)

btw that price is what JPP said for a car with twice as many miles, with all options.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:51 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetzeus
@CHSU...HOW DID I MISS THAT ONE!?!?! I thought my search was exhaustive...apparently not!!

@Gaby... get differing numbers for KBB and Edmunds, so why not come to the foremost authority?

@JPP...OUCH!! Thanks for your honest opinion, but really THAT low!?!? I guess that's why I asked though, eh? Thanks for your input!
Put on ebay, it will appeal to a wider market.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:15 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah, no worries .. you will see a lot of "asking" prices much higher but ultimately, it's what a car sells for that drives value .. again, if it were a 6spd, you're buyers market would be much larger, and let me say, I think Tip's get an unfair shake in this country. For a DD in traffic, or in your case, a convertible that both you and your spouse can drive comfortably .. you can't beat'em.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:30 PM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 150 Posts

You just bought it 2 months ago....you must have paid something...that might be a good place to start with price!?
Old 06-01-2012, 01:36 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skl2
You just bought it 2 months ago....you must have paid something...that might be a good place to start with price!?
Beat me to it! (Unless the car was bought for under market, and there's a profit motive involved here.)
Old 06-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Jetzeus
Advanced

Sounds pretty elementary, skl, and a little north of that was probably going to be my starting point if I decided to sell it. I got it from a dealer and after consulting KBB, I thought I actually got a good deal (and still kinda do, actually!). But then this morning I just looked at Edmunds.com and there was literally a $20,000 difference between the two sites! I sort of figured somewhere in the middle lies the truth!...which ironically is about what I paid.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:44 PM
sds
Advanced

that there is NO WAY the set up I have is safe
can you elaborate a little on this? maybe someone can help you or convince you! what is the problem exactly?
Old 06-01-2012, 01:48 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

That would be a nice car for the wife...Hmmmm
Old 06-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Jetzeus
Advanced

Originally Posted by sds
can you elaborate a little on this? maybe someone can help you or convince you! what is the problem exactly?
Well, the small seats in the back are too deep and narrow to accommodate the width of the Diono seats I got, which until I read replies to this thread, I thought was the narrowest seat available. WRONG. That seat listed above in post number 4 is MUCH narrower and SHOULD fit in the seat!! I contended to the certified car seat installer that even though the car seat doesn't actually rest on the surface of the seat (it actually wedges quite well into the carpet), as long as the seatbelt does what it is designed to do, it should theoretically be safe. He looked at me like I had six heads...

If you build up the seat to a level where it is firmly planted on level ground down there and not wedged, the child will sit too high to be protected. I am going to try the Maxi Cosi before I throw in the towel!!!

@Doberdog...maybe I will throw in the towel...or go buy a box of tampons. *sigh*

Quick Reply: Help me price it...