Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Kw clubsport suspension - camber unadjustable ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 05:52 AM
pvdw
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Kw clubsport suspension - camber unadjustable ?

After searching the forum and contacting KW directly, it still remains unclear and I'm hoping one of you could help me sort this out.

The kw clubsport variant comes with top mounts based on uniball and as such camber is not adjustable ??? That's what KW is telling me but I recall several here have the setup with rennline camber plates?

What would be the best buy, clubsport variant with or without seperate camber plates or better to buy the normal V3 version and combine with different top mounts and camber plates ?

Car is a 3.8l 4S and is mainly used on track days and has the M30 sport chassis, anything else that will need modifying ? Sway bars or drop links or should it be ok with the OEM parts?

Thanks for the advice
Old 05-28-2012, 11:19 AM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My KW Clubsports didn't come with monoball top mounts. I installed Rennline front and Mode rear top mounts.

As for camber adjustment, you still have adjustment at the bottom of the strut via the eccentric, the camber plates do allow alot more -ve camber (when I first installed mine I ended up with -6 degrees of negative camber..) The other benefit is a solid mount for the top of the strut reducing the flex from the stock rubber. This solid mounting does transfer a little more NVH but is hardly noticeable.

Depending on your cars age will depend on what may need replacing. These cars are pretty good right out of the box, but small tweeks can make some pretty substantial differences in handling as well as keeping alignments in spec.

I am a fan of Tarret droplinks for the swaybars, allows for removal of any preload in the swaybars. AS your car is being tracked I would also look at replacing the rear toe links, there are a number of alternatives (Tarrett, Rennline, ERP) these in association with the locking plates ensures the toe stays locked in place.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:22 AM
pvdw
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Steve,

The mono ***** are optional with kw. I'm thinking of putting the rennline top mounts. But want to make sure they fit easily.

Quick Reply: Kw clubsport suspension - camber unadjustable ?