Sponsored by:

OT: Need a good Audi Indie in the Dallas Area

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 01:57 PM
TravisB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Need a good Audi Indie in the Dallas Area

My sister and brother in law inherited a lightly modified A4 (2000 I think?) from his brother when he left the country to go do doctor type stuff somewhere. This is the end of the good news.

The thing is starting to eat them alive in maintenance costs..started out as little things like window regulators, etc. However last week they were handed a $3500 estimate with a bullet list of items they're not sure about. They've got a young daughter and are on a modest single income so I am telling them to consider selling it (I get the impression that perpetually breaking is just what used Audis do). But in the meantime they're looking for that needle in the haystack of a shop that's reasonable and won't take them for a ride. Unfortunately he's pretty attached to it since it was his brother's, and had to sell his beloved TT when the munchkin showed up..

Anyway, thanks for any input!!
Old 05-22-2012, 02:06 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Look up Don Istook. Great guy!
Old 05-22-2012, 02:43 PM
TravisB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does he do run of the mill repair stuff? I'm not positive but I think the car is just on suspension and maybe brake upgrades, it's really nothing special at all..

Quick Reply: OT: Need a good Audi Indie in the Dallas Area