993 Forum 1995-1998

Porsche Protective Seat Covers

Old 05-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche Protective Seat Covers

Hi,

in the past I can remember an ebay post or photo somewhere of some 993's with super low miles and the factory seat protectors - the simple white seat covers that the factory placed on the seats during transportation from Germany to the dealers.

I have some seats I am pulling out of my car and will put in storage - it seems like the logical choice for seat covers would be the factory ones mentioned above. Does anyone have a lead as to where to get these?

Thanks!

Damien
Old 05-18-2012, 10:49 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't ever seen them listed (fleabay or elsewhere).

Have seen a lot of 'seat covers' - mostly 'generic' ("but we'll cut them to fit YOUR car") - on the 'net but nothing that piqued my interest.

G.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:17 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Damien Lewis

I remember a photo of 993s with super low miles and the factory seat protectors - the simple white seat covers that the factory placed on the seats during transportation from Germany to the dealers.

Does anyone have a lead as to where to get these?
Hopefully helpful pic from Jonathan:
Originally Posted by mrsullivan

Very cool, never seen them.

Off a picture of an ultra-low mileage 993 TT for sale on ebay.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:53 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

I believe I've seen the dealer's kit the OP is referring to. It is a thin translucent plastic seat cover and floor mat in a single package. Probably not the best to store leather seats in.

I own a pair of factory service seat covers. These are made from the same material as the service covers for the front and rear and the cabrio boot bag material. I'm not certain but Cologan I believe made these for Porsche just as they did the bras. The pair I own are the only ones I've ever seen.

They slip down over the seat backs and are shape fit to accommodate the seat belt receptacle and offer seat back lever access. The front part encloses underneath. There are ties to keep them in place around the back which are not tied in my photo as I loosely placed them upon the seats for demo purposes.

Here are a couple of pics from up in the parts loft of my barn.

High thread count bed sheets make great covers for leather seats because they allow them to breathe.

Regards,
Attached Images   

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche Protective Seat Covers