Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Anti-theft thread (what do you use)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:32 PM
vanguard
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have an aftermarket steering wheel, you can remove the wheel and lock the quick release hub (so they cant put another steering wheel onto it). I do this for my s2000.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
DanL993
button queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
If they want it bad enough, and are good enough, nothing will prevent them from stealing it.

I agree that a clearly stated agreed value policy with your insurance company is the cheapest and most effective way to have piece of mind when it comes to your vehicle and theft.
DITTO. The good ones will tow it or haul it and do that quickly...they are the good ones. With high profile cars like ours, generally they will not be resold easily so probalby shipped or chopped.

After reading all this I guess I'd try a tracker AFTER I get agreed value insurance. It's gone and I'm sad, but crap at least I have the $$s to try and get a replacement.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:11 AM
tosha
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by EckFe1
I added a shock sensor to the factory alarm. Any signal that comes from the factory or add on module sends a text message to up to 6 different phones. It gives me the location of the car, speed, GPS data etc. I can activate a relais via text message back to the car and disable the ignition or fuel system. The alarm also provides you the GPS data. You can select several parameters like gps fencing or a speed limit. Either way, it'll send you a text message so you can follow where your is going. I like to have the possibility to call the police and tell them the address of where it's going.
Of course it also helps to keep it locked away but I don't want to be the slave of the car.
Ed
Hi! What is this system called?
Old 01-02-2018, 09:25 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,448 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by DanL993
high profile cars like ours, .
Well like some anyway.
Somehow I don't think a professional flat-bed car thief is lookin' for my 1996 base Carrera.
Now that's an idea for all you low mile Turbo owners', buy a beater Carrera to drive around!
Andy

Quick Reply: Anti-theft thread (what do you use)