Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got a pic of my 2 next door neighbor's Porsche together. My 993 sparked this!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts
Default Finally got a pic of my 2 next door neighbor's Porsche together. My 993 sparked this!

As I've written here before, I got a new neighbor a year ago who moved in with a ... 997 Triple Black Cab. Before this, there were no other Porsches in my neighborhood to my knowledge.

Then 2 months ago my other neighbor on the other side got a 2003 TT out of the blue. Now he has to park his 07 BMW X5 4.6 on the street which he's none too happy about (his wife has a gorgeous grey 2005 BMW 645ci that shares the garage with his Silver/Blk TT).

I came home today and they were doing a "wax" day in his garage - the 997 with Zymol and the 996TT with Meguiars. It was neat to see them together. Just 3 years ago these same two neighbor's house sported a Lexus RX350 and a Honda CRV (the old neighbors, not the present ones).

Love having "Porsche-chat" as a common occurrence now in the back alley where I live. We regularly are all back there cleaning our cars or at least talking to the other person who's cleaning there's. Yep - neither of them has received a ticket in Maryland yet for no front tag yet I received 2 in 1 week 6 months ago which is of course why I have the front tag on mine now. Their day will come!

Life is good today.

and a pic of mine from the "Meet and Drive" last week. I'm kind of jealous of their newer cars but LOVE mine still too.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:36 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 282 Posts

Steve,
They're all beautiful cars, but the 993's curvacious body is pure sex!!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:38 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve, I remember this story. It is nice to see them together. It must be a thrill to know that you have inspired not one but two guys. All Porsches stir my enthusiasm...all of them. Still, 993 rules in my book. I am always amazed at how people respond after their first exposure or drive in a Porsche...it is usually something like, "I had no idea these cars were so amazing...wow!" I had two freinds who drove my car and said almost exactly that. Now the subjsct of Porsche usually comes up everytime we talk.

Here is a pict I posted a couple of years ago with three generations shown. The 996 is no more...he totalled it but has another and is highly modified for fun.
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2012, 11:39 PM
LvnTheDrm
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ABCar
Steve, I remember this story. It is nice to see them together. It must be a thrill to know that you have inspired not one but two guys. All Porsches stir my enthusiasm...all of them. Still, 993 rules in my book. I am always amazed at how people respond after their first exposure or drive in a Porsche...it is usually something like, "I had no idea these cars were so amazing...wow!" I had two freinds who drove my car and said almost exactly that. Now the subjsct of Porsche usually comes up everytime we talk.

Here is a pict I posted a couple of years ago with three generations shown. The 996 is no more...he totalled it but has another and is highly modified for fun.
What a GREAT shot! Wow! Love it...
Old 04-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ABCar

Could be the angle but look at the size difference vs the 993.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:05 AM
jnicol
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was reading the original post, looking at the pic and then scrolled down when I was finished and saw Steve's 993. Yeah - so much nicer to look at! Kinda caught me by surprise somehow. (nothing against the newer cars of course)
Old 04-30-2012, 12:03 PM
ehanauer
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Wide angle lenses stretch the edges of the frame. The width of the three cars is nearly identical.

Quick Reply: Finally got a pic of my 2 next door neighbor's Porsche together. My 993 sparked this!