Sponsored by:

Help...Squeaky Fan Driving Me Nuts

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 12:39 AM
saneproductions
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Mike (saneproductions) and I tackled lubricating the cabin fans in our cars and I replaced my filters this morning. First time I tried doing this. Refitting the covers is a major PITA IF you don't take your time and if try to fit the cover after placing the filter in the filter housing first. Keep in mind there is a tongue and groove system for the covers which can make it frustrating to fit them properly. I recommend trying these steps: 1. Seat the filter in the cover first. There is a slot for the tab on the filter and it is pretty clear how the filter should fit in the cover. 2. If you are fitting the passenger-side cover, hold the cover/filter in your left hand so that they remain as one unit and then use your right hand to first guide the corner of the cover into the rearward-most groove of the filter housing. It's key that you seat this groove first in order for everything else to be able fall into place. This all makes sense if you are looking at the work area. Use opposite hands for the driver-side cover. 3. Make sure the filter and cover remain as one unit as you slowly guide them into the house and the appropriate grooves. You will likely need to use your free fingers to move some wiring out of the way. If you do it right, the filter/cover will drop into place very easily and then you can button everything up. When I tried fitting the cover while the filter was already sitting in the housing, it was practically impossible to line everything up to fit properly. Very frustrating. I found this process to be much easier. YMMV. Good luck.
Thanks Jim for your help and the great write up!

Does anyone know the best place to source a new passenger side blower motor?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:59 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

^ Have you tried Sunset or Pelican?
Old 01-26-2014, 01:43 AM
saneproductions
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has been solved. Turns out the retaining clip that keeps the fan shaft from moving forward was not correctly in place. No parts needed!
Old 01-26-2014, 10:24 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by saneproductions
This has been solved. Turns out the retaining clip that keeps the fan shaft from moving forward was not correctly in place. No parts needed!
Thats the best kind of DIY/mod

Quick Reply: Help...Squeaky Fan Driving Me Nuts