Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's a Dirty Game

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Dryfly57
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Maybe Cory should be delisted from RENNLIST........just sayin.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:27 PM
MGibilisco
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I'm a little confused... I purposely didn't put a link in or name names, to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. As I said, I can handle losing, it stinks, but I can handle it.

However, I'm not sure what his intentions are? He's on here as an enthusiast, and then he's out there snatching cars up and marketing them back to the community. He emailed me about the yellow one in fact!

I mean to each their own, but swooping in on cars and then trying to re-sell them just doesn't seem like a great way to make friends and contribute to the camaraderie. Whatever...
Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,749 Likes on 2,355 Posts

it's pretty simple.
cory says he BOUGHT the cars. does he have a resellers license. if he does, then he should disclose he's a dealer. dealers are entitled to make some profit, it's his livelihood.
if he pretends to be some enthusiast, then that's not right. no one flips cars this quick, well few does. i do. but each car i sell i lose $20-30k. b/c i have ADD. most ppl aren't this way.

so what is it cory? are you a reseller or are you an enthusiast who flip to lose money?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Cor2nir
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, all of this for an impulse buy. I am a huge Speed Yellow guy, and this car was simply an impulse buy on the way home from a trip in SC. I had been in talks with a guy with an ultra low mileage C4S now for a few months and I was thinking he wasn't going to let it go so I purchased this only because of the color. Then a few weeks ago he called me and said he would sell it, so I bought it. By the way as you all know asking prices and selling prices are different. I figure I will get beat down for a few g's and really don't want to lose more then $500 on this car or I mine as well keep driving it. Also I usually only keep "toys" for about 6 mo-1yr then I move on to something else. Obviously the first thing I did when I got it was drop it off at shop and let the repairs roll in. Also in full-disclosure I have a family member who is a dealer.

Cody,
As for you, my buddy bought that car, he just took a risk and sent the money. I only called you to see if your interested when he decides to sell as it seems he didn't think it through. I guess next time I won't give you a heads up, no worries.

Last edited by Cor2nir; 04-27-2012 at 08:45 AM. Reason: question
Old 04-27-2012, 09:05 AM
cmd4
Pro

Thanks for the heads up,is it your car.......or your buddies.The seller told me the buyer's name was Corey,so either it's a huge coincidence,your lying...or i apologize for jumping to conclusions.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Cor2nir
Racer

My buddies name is Corey as well, Corey Glass. He's a lawyer at a Big 4 accounting firm here. Cody, I forgot I also know of a C4S close to you that is for sale check your pm.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:31 PM
doublecabmel
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Corey is a stand up guy who is a huge enthusiast. He has only the best of the best- especially in Yellow. There are always hurt feelings when somebody buys or sells a car. It's just the nature of the beast. A car is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:23 PM
jody stowitts
Racer

IN GOD WE TRUST, all others............well...........

Quick Reply: It's a Dirty Game