Sponsored by:

Rennline equipment install

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 12:19 PM
serval
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Rennline equipment install

Took advantage of the Christmas discount and ordered a whole bunch of parts from Rennline (no affiliation), namely:

4 pedal set
floor boards (driver / passenger)
floor aluminium mats (driver / passenger)
brake/shifter handles
3 point strut bar
320mm Momo wheel and quick release
tow hooks

Overall impression is that everything is well engineered and fits well. Customer service was above average.

Let me know if anyone wants feedback on any of these parts or installation pointers (although very straight-forward)
Old 04-20-2012, 12:56 PM
element
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

For the pedals - Im looking for just the gas pedal to improve the heel toe of the car - which one did you get and how much of an improvement is it? I want the pedal higher so its more inline with the brake and dont have to twist my foot as much.

Thanks!

phil.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:40 PM
serval
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

They have either the regular or the adjustable one. Given my size, i got the regular being afraid that otherwise i would tend to press both acceleratot and brake at once

This pedal mounts right on top of the existing pedal which attaches to the floor and hinges at that point. You have two choices to raise the pedal vertically: either remove and remount the original pedal adding a spacer between it and the floor - would need to replace the two screws with longer ones.

Or simply mount the Rennline pedal higher on the original pedal ending up with a longer platform - that's what i did.

For bringing the pedal on the same plane as the brake, i just used a couple of ss washers between the original and Rennline overlay

I like the geometry better, and i can also control it easier with my outside foot. I also like the aesthetics.

Quick Reply: Rennline equipment install