993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing Hurley!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012 | 10:03 PM
statonb
Intermediate

We were there as well. You should have stopped for a glass of vino. I think Benoit is going to a DE in Texas this weekend, so will will get him out next time.
Old 04-20-2012 | 05:16 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congratulations Rogert and Joanne!. It's beautiful. I think a road trip to Memphis is iin order so I can drool over it!
Chuck
Old 04-20-2012 | 08:46 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by statonb
We were there as well. You should have stopped for a glass of vino. I think Benoit is going to a DE in Texas this weekend, so will will get him out next time.
I work Across the street from Crush now. Let me know and I'll be there if I can. I think I left work about 4:30 on the day we saw the 993.

We've already been asked to be the Ozark Region Porsche of the Month. I told them we've been it so many times they need to get someone else first like Staton or Benoit..... At least that we be another 993......

Originally Posted by csertich
Congratulations Rogert and Joanne!. It's beautiful. I think a road trip to Memphis is iin order so I can drool over it!
Chuck
If you promise not to drool on it we just might come up to see you!!!

Thanks Guys!
Old 04-20-2012 | 08:52 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Fantastic car, congrats. Now you just need RS front uprights to finish it off
Old 04-20-2012 | 09:36 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

thank you.

Today the seat rails were moved back. We BOTH needed more leg room. We are two tall people.

Let the fun begin. I've already found Robert cruising through Ebay and elsewhere looking for 'stuff'. All I want are some yellow Porsche Design shoes and I'll be good to go.
Old 04-20-2012 | 11:36 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

You're on another slippery slope... (happens to me every time I get a new toy too )
Old 04-21-2012 | 10:50 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by skl
You're on another slippery slope... (happens to me every time I get a new toy too )
Slippery slopes are our passion. They can be fun as long as you are careful not to get carried away in an avalanche of "stuff".

Today is our 'clean the 993 day' where we really get hands on getting it as spotless as can be in one day. I'm not sure I can be of too much help yet on the wheels, but I surely can do SOMETHING to help.
Old 04-21-2012 | 11:52 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

I love the first cleanings. I think I pulled 96 cents out from under the seats in the 993!

I know someone who bought a 928 previously owned by Charlie Sheen-he made sure to wear rubber gloves going through that one the first time. Kept an eye out for white powder residue.
Old 04-21-2012 | 12:38 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
I love the first cleanings. I think I pulled 96 cents out from under the seats in the 993!

I know someone who bought a 928 previously owned by Charlie Sheen-he made sure to wear rubber gloves going through that one the first time. Kept an eye out for white powder residue.

OH MY!!!! Who knows what kind of residue was in that car!!!!

We just found out that our car was once owned by RL's CEboyd's better half Eric.

Robert loves the way this car runs. Nice, fast, tight, great sound. I'm sure the NASTYCAR boys around here will pull up next to us and wanna race. Such nerds.......
Old 04-22-2012 | 10:48 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sunday Morning 8:45am. I am going into the garage to run my hands all over Hurley's body.

It's time for a WAX job!!

Seats are in. I am MUCH more comfortable now, but Robert is still not in the position he likes to drive in (straight armed). He has more leg room, but now his hair brushes the top of the sun roof. He's had Porsches for 45 years and this will be the true test to see if you can teach an OLD MAN new tricks.
Old 04-22-2012 | 11:05 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RJT
Today is our 'clean the 993 day' where we really get hands on getting it as spotless as can be in one day. I'm not sure I can be of too much help yet on the wheels, but I surely can do SOMETHING to help.
How about a little bit of cleaning and a LOT of supervision .. you don't want to find out how many muscle groups are involved in a wax job dearie .. just take it easy will ya???
Old 04-22-2012 | 11:34 AM
bravo20
Advanced

Absolutely beautiful JoAnne, enjoy
Old 04-22-2012 | 01:23 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JPP
How about a little bit of cleaning and a LOT of supervision .. you don't want to find out how many muscle groups are involved in a wax job dearie .. just take it easy will ya???
I had to stop after doing the windows. I started feeling my pecs twitching and know that was my warning.... enough. My other muscle groups need the workout, but they will just have to wait.

I was an EXCELLENT supervisor. I think Robert wanted to fire me.

Car looks great and will only get better from here on out. We'll be working on this one slowly though. There or other things we have to get done before we can concentrate on the car.

I'm getting ready for my first 'ride'.
Old 04-22-2012 | 02:04 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RJT
PATRICK neeeeeds a 993!!!
Yes... yes I do.
Old 04-22-2012 | 07:16 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Just got back from a short run in the 993. We went to the starbucks where we always meet with the local PCA. 18 cars showed up for the run and that is a GREAT turnout for LR. After talking to everyone and having a fun time I decided we should try to go on the run, but after only a few miles I thought better of it and decided to cut the run short and go to lunch somewhere local. Three hours would just be too long for me to be in the car at this time. I do love the seat though! It Fits me just fine, but I am not blind to the fact that Robert is very uncomfortable in his. Darn....... We'll have to see what we can do to remedy the problem.

It was fun to see my LR P-car friends though. I think I recognize this car from RL
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Introducing Hurley!!!