Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Koni vs. stock Monroes

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:19 AM
P-track
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My car is ROW standard height. Gert told me that if I go for FSD with Euro M033 or M030 springs the car will sit 2 cm lower than ROW standard. Another option is H&R spings and FSD, this will lower 40mm from ROW.

As I was a bit worried about lowering springs combined with Koni's I emailed Koni headquarters in Holland, this was their reply:

"As long as the lowering springs do not lower the car more than 30mm from standard there are no issues. However, as the FSD's are tested on the basis of a standard ride height vehicle, lowering springs will influence the FSD system operation. This effect is negligable."
Old 03-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Norra Norra
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
What are MO29 ROW springs?
Porsche made 3 spring lengths for these cars-

US (SUV) = M032
RoW Standard = M029 (20mm drop front/10mm drop rear)
RoW Sport = M033 & M030 (30mm drop all around)

All non turbo & non S Euro based cars came with M029 springs, while in the US we got M032.

I went with the M029 because I found a nice cheap pair on ebay, and the FSD technology works a little better with a bit more travel. However people have successfully paired FSD's with M030 & M033 without complaints.

Koni warns against using lowering springs because they need a certain amount of travel to activate the selective valve. The only complains I've seen with FSDs came from people using aggressive drop springs like H&R, driving in sedans with 4 people in the car (which limits travel even further), making them ride rough. Being that you'll never have 4 adults in a 993 you could probably get away with a 2in+ drop, but it wouldnt be ideal. Bilstein Sports are the best solution for H&R's or people going for RS Spec.

Last edited by Norra Norra; 03-29-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Koni vs. stock Monroes