993 Forum 1995-1998

My good experience with Heritage Motorcar Research in FL

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 09:40 PM
ashirji
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My good experience with Heritage Motorcar Research in FL

I wanted to share with the group my good experience with Heritage Motorcar Research (HMR) in St. Petersburg FL.
I went there to get a performance chip installed in my 95 993. The chip really transformes the car- making part throttle a lot more responsive, and the shop's owner Jason even installed it for me. While there I had a good look around the shop and found some goodies-
They had an old VW bus in the body shop. It looked quite low. Upon closer inspection I noticed the 996 wheels and Big Reds- turns out Fabcar built this beast by putting a 993 drivetrain under it- engine, suspension, transmission- the works! It was here getting some paint repairs.
I also saw their machine shop- pretty impressive, and quite clean. I do not know much about these machines, but was told that they have the only vertical line bore machine on the east coast that is able to machine a flat six case. Uh ok...
I also saw a 997tt on their dyno. I was not allowed to take a pic of it as it was a customer car but I did get a pic of how the dyno attaches directly to the hub of the car- quite unusual! Not affiliated with them but it
seems like a well run shop- they are also a Motec dealer and I did see a 944 race car on a lift there. Anyone else know about them? May be a good resource to those of us in the area.
Attached Images    
Old 03-13-2012, 06:32 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

How long have they been there? I've never heard of them, and they have never been mentioned on the Suncoast PCA website.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 AM
ashirji
Advanced

I am guessing at least a coule years- They had a 356 restoration a couple years ago that was featured as the People's Choice at the Porsche Parade.
Here is their website:
http://www.heritagemotorcar.com/index.htm
Old 10-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Brinkley
Pro

falcondrivr
Jason / HMR has advertised in the Suncoast PCA Profile every issue since 2000 when I started receiving. He is also the MoTec dealer that did my race car. His shop is the one who also painted my RWB.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 657 Likes on 319 Posts

Rick they have been around for awhile if not mistaken they moved shop recently, good guys and they have done work for some of us Suncoasters.
Rich
Old 05-15-2019, 02:18 PM
968cabturbo
Track Day

Default My terrible experience dealing with Jason Lee @ Heritage Motorcar of St. Pete

A build that has been done before that was quoted months to complete.....is now going on 8th year. I was lied to in beginning and the lies have not only continued but increased....now I being contacted by past and current customers on poor workmanship from this shop.....Do your research 1st. Contact me if needed. I will straighten out the BS I was told and others....made big mistake pre paying to offset parts costs...been nothing but accommodating but have been taken advantage of....he's compelled to do everything to his shop but not to work on my car.

What do you Feel justified for wasting 8 years of my time?

I'm open to suggestions and recommendations.

He has been informed his shop will be the 4th one I will have closed due to lawsuit/ breach of contract and driven into Bankruptcy.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:11 PM
Ytak
3rd Gear

Last edited by Ytak; 02-27-2020 at 03:52 PM.

Quick Reply: My good experience with Heritage Motorcar Research in FL