Sponsored by:

OT: which one for 16 YO?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 03:30 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
Mr goofball , with all respect, I don't appreciate you calling me a fool, YES! I bought my daughter a 964 as her weekend car, no one will listen to you cause you don't make no SENSE at ALL, I will buy what ever car I want for my daughter wether you like it or not, when you buy your daughter her car than listen to yourself..

Falcondriv, buy your daughter what ever you and her like, after all you are paying for it..
BTW girls are daddy's girls
I don't remember mentioning you. I don't know what fool it was to be honest with you.

To be honest, if it was you, no disrespect intended. I didn't know at the time when I thought you were a fool for giving a teen a powerful sports car that you had more bread than a prison meatloaf and could just write checks at will to make problems disappear. After seeing your stable of fine cars on another thread, I can see you needn't worry about such trivialities
Old 08-02-2012, 10:39 AM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
Mr goofball , with all respect, I don't appreciate you calling me a fool, YES! I bought my daughter a 964 as her weekend car, no one will listen to you cause you don't make no SENSE at ALL, I will buy what ever car I want for my daughter wether you like it or not, when you buy your daughter her car than listen to yourself..

Falcondriv, buy your daughter what ever you and her like, after all you are paying for it..
BTW girls are daddy's girls
Don't bother. About 1/3 of this guy's posts are insults directed towards other users. I don't understand how the mods allow him to continue.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I think you guys missed the post above where I took the majorities advice, got my wife a new car, and am going to let my daughter drive the MDX...
FWIW, I personally wouldn't give a 16yo anything I really cared about as a first car. I would have trouble watching a 964 getting dinged in the HS parking lot. One can take it too far though. I am reminded of the guy in Ocala, FL who gave his 16 yo a V-10 M5 a couple of years ago. That kid killed himself and 4 friends going off the end of the Jumbolair runway at 150+ MPH...
Old 08-02-2012, 12:46 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
I would have trouble watching a 964 getting dinged in the HS parking lot. I am reminded of the guy in Ocala, FL who gave his 16 yo a V-10 M5 a couple of years ago. That kid killed himself and 4 friends going off the end of the Jumbolair runway at 150+ MPH...
Exactly. That thinking is just good common sense. And that is why I think it's a bad idea to give any teenager a powerful sports car.

However, some folks take such common sense as insults. Usually those folks have more dollars than sense, or Daddy gave them everything and their powerful sense of entitlement makes them think they know better
Old 08-02-2012, 01:09 PM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
I think you guys missed the post above where I took the majorities advice, got my wife a new car, and am going to let my daughter drive the MDX...
FWIW, I personally wouldn't give a 16yo anything I really cared about as a first car. I would have trouble watching a 964 getting dinged in the HS parking lot. One can take it too far though. I am reminded of the guy in Ocala, FL who gave his 16 yo a V-10 M5 a couple of years ago. That kid killed himself and 4 friends going off the end of the Jumbolair runway at 150+ MPH...
Great choice! I got my daughter an Infiniti FX and feel very good about the safety, handling even though it is a rocketship. MDX was also a contender. My son is next and I do not feel quite as strongly about his restraint. But he is liking the Xterra, not a bad choice, but the handling may be an issue.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:26 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

My favorite part - "YES! I bought my daughter a 964 as her weekend car"

Her WEEKEND CAR!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 03:35 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Falcon,

The MDX is a perfect first car. I have had three, they are bullet proof Honda's. Good decision, my friend.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:57 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheBen
My favorite part - "YES! I bought my daughter a 964 as her weekend car"

Her WEEKEND CAR!!!!!!!
Ben, don't be such a commoner.

ALL 16-year olds need a powerful sports car as their "weekend car"

Duh.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:02 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Ben, don't be such a commoner.

ALL 16-year olds need a powerful sports car as their "weekend car"

Duh.
When did 964s become powerful?
Old 08-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by XR4Tim
When did 964s become powerful?
+1 and it's a TIP
And for MR know it ALL ( goofball) she's not 16 she's 18 smart guy
Goofball grow up
Old 08-02-2012, 04:39 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Opo

+1 and it's a TIP
And for MR know it ALL ( goofball) she's not 16 she's 18 smart guy
Goofball grow up
Oh, my bad. I didn't know she was all of 18 and it was a tip. Then yes, I agree a 'weekend' sports car is a great idea for a teenager. My mistake

But I must add, that if your tennis court faces east/west, you might want to re-pave it so it faces north/south so the sun doesn't get in your eyes when Rafael comes over for afternoon matches.

Actually, Opo, I really don't care what you do/don't do. Like you said, it's your daughter, do as you like. As Falcon pointed out, there are thousands of kids who have bad experiences when they have too much too soon when it comes to autos and some end up severely injured or worse. Maybe your kid is smarter/different, but I imagine the parents of every kid who mishandles a sports car with tragic results said the same thing.

Cheerio!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:03 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Exactly. That thinking is just good common sense. And that is why I think it's a bad idea to give any teenager a powerful sports car.

However, some folks take such common sense as insults.

Usually those folks have more dollars than sense, or Daddy gave them everything and their powerful sense of entitlement makes them think they know better
True to form, you couldn't help but take a pot shot at me. Earlier in this thread, you spewed off calling another member a fool. Now, for the second time, you've taken a shot at me.

I have reported you to the forum moderators. Your continued personal attacks directed towards other users have no place here. I sincerely hope that the moderators have a look and tell you to knock it off. I can't help but wonder if people like you would be so quick to say such nasty things to people face-to-face.

Last edited by asofine; 08-02-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:24 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by asofine
True to form, you couldn't help but take a pot shot at me. Earlier in this thread, you spewed off calling another member a fool. Now, for the second time, you've taken a shot at me.

I have reported you to the forum moderators. Your continued personal attacks directed towards other users have no place here. I sincerely hope that the moderators have a look and tell you to knock it off. I can't help but wonder if people like you would be so quick to say such nasty things to people face-to-face.
Uh oh. Looks like someone forgot their meds

Report me all you want. I'm entitled to my opinions. You're entitled to yours. The reason no moderator has done, or will do, anything is because I'm entitled to my opinion and am allowed to express it. If you crave censorship, have Daddy arrange a trip for you to Russia.

I won't challenge you on a sense of feeling entitled, however. You've got me beat on that score. Best of luck, kiddo
Old 08-02-2012, 05:32 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Uh oh. Looks like someone forget their meds

Report me all you want. I'm entitled to my opinions. You're entitled to yours. The reason no moderator has done, or will do, anything is because...

I won't challenge you on a sense of feeling entitled, however. You've got me beat on that score. Best of luck, kiddo
Oh, the irony. On the subject of "entitlement," you're actually not "entitled" to publicly call other members "fools" or to direct personal attacks towards me about my medication (how you could think otherwise is absurd).

I won't further engage in a pissing contest with you, though. Let's just agree to let the moderators have the final say.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:41 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

I didn't "publicly" call anyone a fool by name in this thread. I didn't mention any member's name, including yours. You're the one who chimed in with a "direct attack' on me.

The moderators have better things to do than baby-sit these non-issues.

Go drive one of your Dad's cars, kid. You're too young to be so thin-skinned, so I recommend one of the convertibles today

Quick Reply: OT: which one for 16 YO?