where to try out new seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Mizuno
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to try out new seats

Hi,

I'm 6'3 and have a 993 with original (be it retouched) seats. I feel ok in these but they feel a bit too narrow and am considering a new seat.

Any advice on where I could try out a decent selection in the SF bay area?

Thx!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I would look out for a local cars&coffee or PCA meet. Then ask a few owners if you can sit in their cars.

I replaced my seats with 997 GT3RS seats. I was worried that they would decrease my headroom. The seller was local and very cool (shadow993). He allowed me to install them to verify the fit. We tried them on his Targa, but I was sure if the Targa had more headroom than a coupe. It didn't.

Long winded way to say sit in some newer pcar seats, and consider those. I hear that 996 will reduce headroom. But have no experience with them.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:00 PM
aircooled
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the pleasure of checking out Patrick's seats. Ended up doing the change over in mine with the same seat. Manual adjustment for front to back as well as height. Only electrics are for seat back adjustment.

Good comfort and support. Definitely lower that the prior Cobras. As Patrick says, gotta try em out....
Old 03-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Mizuno
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks folks for the advice. Will try to attend an upcoming PCA meet.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:26 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by aircooled
I have had the pleasure of checking out Patrick's seats. Ended up doing the change over in mine with the same seat. Manual adjustment for front to back as well as height. Only electrics are for seat back adjustment.

Good comfort and support. Definitely lower that the prior Cobras. As Patrick says, gotta try em out....
Hey Jim...what's with the top up?
Old 03-06-2012, 12:14 AM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas993
I would look out for a local cars&coffee or PCA meet. Then ask a few owners if you can sit in their cars.

I replaced my seats with 997 GT3RS seats. I was worried that they would decrease my headroom. The seller was local and very cool (shadow993). He allowed me to install them to verify the fit. We tried them on his Targa, but I was sure if the Targa had more headroom than a coupe. It didn't.

Long winded way to say sit in some newer pcar seats, and consider those. I hear that 996 will reduce headroom. But have no experience with them.
Thanks for the props! I'm glad that you are still enjoying the seats.

Quick Reply: where to try out new seats