Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Helping a friend sell his 20vt converted Audi Turbo Quattro Coupe (a.k.a. Urq)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 01:28 PM
BLT4SPD
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Helping a friend sell his 20vt converted Audi Turbo Quattro Coupe (a.k.a. Urq)

It's for a good cause.....he wants to buy a 993.

It's a very rare, and very nice car with a super clean motor swap. I have known the seller and the car for a long time and I will personally vouch for both of them! So, if you know anyone who is interested, please pass the good word! Details here:

http://www.urq20v.com/members/brando...84_quattro.htm
Attached Images    
Old 02-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 149 Posts

A guy down the street from me did one of these also in red. Never talked to him so any chance this car was ever in PA?
Old 02-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 202 Posts

lotta love in that car...what's his asking price? I read all the listing, and didn't see $$ mentioned anywhere.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:51 PM
BLT4SPD
Pro

Originally Posted by Cactus
A guy down the street from me did one of these also in red. Never talked to him so any chance this car was ever in PA?
Don't think so. The car has been in CO for at least a decade, but probably longer than that.

It's a popular swap, esp. these days with the price of donor cars ('91 200q or '92-'95 S4/S6) coming WAY down. Doing it "right" is the tough part. I have an '87 4000 quattro with this swap done and it was A LOT of work with A LOT of little parts/details that you just don't see coming.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:53 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
lotta love in that car...what's his asking price? I read all the listing, and didn't see $$ mentioned anywhere.
$25K, at the bottom of the listing.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:56 PM
BLT4SPD
Pro

Originally Posted by ilko

.....and I think he is somewhat flexible depending on what spares you do/don't want.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ilko
thanks Ilko...must have missed it. That sounds like alot of money to me for a urQ...That's almost RS2 Coupe Quattro money, at least there you get the torsen center diff.

The Audi Quattro's were a big attraction to me in the mid-late eighties. Always love these old Quattro Coupes. I spent 13 years, and 276K miles in a Coupe Quattro...and damn near as much money in mods, maintenance and repairs from crash damage-little off's during club rally's, a little rubbing while ice racing, a little overly enthusiastic at DE's, etc.

Not sure I'll ever go back. Of course Audi makes it easy by either offering nothing interesting with a manual tranny, or huge sticker prices for the ones that do.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:20 PM
BLT4SPD
Pro

thanks Ilko...must have missed it. That sounds like alot of money to me for a urQ...That's almost RS2 Coupe Quattro money, at least there you get the torsen center diff.
I suppose there is some "rarity" pricing in there. If you compared the price of a stock Coupe quattro and a stock Urq today, I think you would see a HUGE price difference (the Urq being more expensive here as well).

Plus, if it's a TorSen you want, I'll be happy to swap a TorSen tranny into this car and take the freshly rebuilt locker out for my own use. It's all a matter of what you want. The locker is the better choice for outright traction in most circumstances and would be "period correct" for the car.

Not sure I'll ever go back. Of course Audi makes it easy by either offering nothing interesting with a manual tranny, or huge sticker prices for the ones that do.
Ain't that the truth! Even in Europe, Audi is ditching the manual box. Seems like an odd choice to me, but I'm also not a buyer of a new car on any Audi dealership lot.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BLT4SPD
I suppose there is some "rarity" pricing in there. If you compared the price of a stock Coupe quattro and a stock Urq today, I think you would see a HUGE price difference (the Urq being more expensive here as well).

Plus, if it's a TorSen you want, I'll be happy to swap a TorSen tranny into this car and take the freshly rebuilt locker out for my own use. It's all a matter of what you want. The locker is the better choice for outright traction in most circumstances and would be "period correct" for the car.

Ain't that the truth! Even in Europe, Audi is ditching the manual box. Seems like an odd choice to me, but I'm also not a buyer of a new car on any Audi dealership lot.
yea, look how far they have come...back during the UrQ period, you couldn't get Quattro if it wasn't a stick. Hell, you had to get almost every option also-full leather, etc. The last new Audi we bought was a 99 A4 1.8T Avant-Quattro was a stand alone $1800 option. That car was under $25 grand brand new, unbelieveable.

A similar eqpt A4 Avant 2.0T is probably $45K today. Sorry to say, I love the look of many of the new cars, but just not "feeling" the brand anymore.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:44 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

my father had a urQuattro back in the day. Nice car.

Agree with Magdaddy about price creep - I had a 1997 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 - think it was 27 or 28k. Now a similar car is pushing 50. Even with inflation factored in, that's a big jump but you probably get a lot more equipment.

Quick Reply: OT: Helping a friend sell his 20vt converted Audi Turbo Quattro Coupe (a.k.a. Urq)