993 Forum 1995-1998

Only Walrod bushings

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 03:13 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

well that bumped!

But seriously thanks for all the updates and straight forward info - hope we can keep this more than civil and continue to work together towards the common goal we share as RL'ers, while respecting each others opinions and experiences which may vary for countless reasons, some known and many unknown/knowable.

Like many upgrades the option is mine alone and if I'm not sure or can't take the risk of one, then I shouldn't entertain the idea ... or maybe it is just an idea which entertains like all those build threads!

Either way others' experiences pro & con only help me weigh the risks and decide - so thanks for those and I respect them all. I just need to decide on the most cost effective/safe/fast way forward (although I can usually only have 2 of those 3 options in each mod ... so cheap and safe is likely not fast etc)

Originally Posted by geolab
It is just a feeling....

The 'loose' feeling on your car is a wrong alignment ,
nothing to do with Chris Walrod's or not
.. or it could be worn oem or other bushings right?
which would also make correct alignment harder to achieve and less effective, right?
Old 08-27-2015, 10:15 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
I would never use these on my own car, they came off others, mileage is unknown, one was all street, the other low mileage set was 50/50

p/u bushes rotate in the arms, the lube eases the twist but doesn't eliminate abrasive wear....
Bill,
I am aware of the pro/con's, so I was looking to get your analysis/data on the real-world performance of these particular 2 sets you had the opportunity to remove.

Can you comment on what exactly caused you to label these particular parts "junk"? Can you direct me to it in the picture you posted? Looseness, cracks, failure to hold an alignment, etc?

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2015, 08:08 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Are these "junk" because you've placed them in your garbage pile or because they failed in some fashion?

Originally Posted by kjr914
Can you comment on what exactly caused you to label these particular parts "junk"? Can you direct me to it in the picture you posted? Looseness, cracks, failure to hold an alignment, etc?

Bill,
Would love some sort of feedback....

Andreas

Quick Reply: Only Walrod bushings