Anyone near Nashville, TN?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Hawgdriver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone near Nashville, TN?

Hello,

Anyone near this vehicle or know anything about her?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
Old 02-11-2012, 04:37 PM
95carrera
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Three hours from me, but like the car. Service history seems nice. Replacement of all lights is a positive aesthetically.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

There are quite a few of us RLer's in Nashville. I don't recognize the car but will be happy to check it out for you. We have a couple of shops (in addition to the dealer) that know 993's.

Feel free to PM me with your email address and what you want us to do on your behalf.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Just called the phone number and left a VM, will let you know if/when he gets back to me.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Matt, you have PM (I talked with the seller).

If Matt OK's it I will post my PM to him here in case someone else is interested.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Matt's going to pass on this car based on my conversation with the seller. I have not looked at the car. Just to be clear my comments below are based strictly on my conversation with the seller.

Matt,
Just got off the phone w/ the seller.
The critical issue I see is the seller is not interested in the "hassle" of getting a PPI. He would rather sell the car at $30k and not have to deal with it. Apparently someone in Germany is interested in buying the car "no PPI" for $30k and shipping it back to Germany.

After he bought the car he had our local dealership do the 60k service. The car had been lowered and he had them return it to stock height w/ OE shocks. In addition it apparently had the check engine light on for SAI issues and the dealership resolved that (he has the invoice for work done he will be happy to share).

Apparently he had another local dealership (Global Motorsports) look at the car and they told him it had paint work. He has no idea how much or why.

He is happy to let me look the car over and take it for a drive but is not interested in getting a PPI.

Quick Reply: Anyone near Nashville, TN?