Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Projects Complete!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Coltranes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What tires are you running on the silver MY02s? and if you don't mind, what sizes?
Old 01-30-2012, 02:41 PM
daltvater
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Looks great! I haven't even started my projects yet.

How did you get the sunroof seal so perfect? I have yet to get it to lay down flat, the edges always move up when it dries.

Let us know how the tires work out!
Thank Mike. On the sunroof seal I just used painters tape and used an old thread you posted as a guide.

As for the NT01's. Great great tire. They last forever, stick well and they are cheap! I ran at least 10 days last year and only went through half the rubber. No first time heat cycling just run them hard out of the box.

Originally Posted by David in LA
Hmmm....I do like the lower dash delete...looks very clean and tidy (as well as the RS door panels with Alancantara ). Any chance you know approx how much weight you save by deleting?
10 lbs maybe a touch more? That lower dash is heavier than you'd think. Used black hockey tape to wrap the leftover exposed wires.

Originally Posted by Garrison
Altvater you are going to be bored now...better find something new to do to the car.
Track season starts Feb 25th around here! It's go time all over again.

Originally Posted by skl2
Good work! You didnt by chance document the sunroof restoration did you? That is something I have been meaning to do and would love to have a few tips as to how to proceed!
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-87-911-a.html

Originally Posted by Coltranes
What tires are you running on the silver MY02s? and if you don't mind, what sizes?
225/40 and 265/35. B-F KDW's I believe?
Old 01-30-2012, 03:06 PM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by daltvater
Thank Mike. On the sunroof seal I just used painters tape and used an old thread you posted as a guide.

As for the NT01's. Great great tire. They last forever, stick well and they are cheap! I ran at least 10 days last year and only went through half the rubber. No first time heat cycling just run them hard out of the box.

10 lbs maybe a touch more? That lower dash is heavier than you'd think. Used black hockey tape to wrap the leftover exposed wires.

Track season starts Feb 25th around here! It's go time all over again.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-87-911-a.html

225/40 and 265/35. B-F KDW's I believe?

Thanks for the link!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:11 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

wow... nice write up!

Quick Reply: Winter Projects Complete!